The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
For the frizzen, you are probably better off ordering a replacement frizzen from Lyman if you have a TC Hawken or Renegade. The frizzens are hardened better and are generally better quality. I was able to find one easily in a local gun shop, but you should be able to order them online from Lyman or a muzzleloading parts site. As for the spring, that advice will have to come from somewhere else as I'm not sure if the Lyman springs are compatible.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Be careful with lyman frizzen springs,I purchased two from RMC, $20 a piece,the first one broke on installation and the second one broke the first time I opened the frizzen
after the installation. RMC would not do anything for me ,the implication from them was that I did not know how to install the spring. Those springs at that time were improperly tempered,had i known that before I tried the installation I would have properly tempered them myself ,so I was out $40 and still needed frizzen springs.

Then from the help of a friend we made our own,I cannot explain the process of doing that here,but now I have springs that work and the know how to make more.

I would suggest you take the lock to a shop and have them install the spring,I know it's a simple task,but if they break it they own it, if it breaks when you do it (oh well),your on your own.

·
Registered
11,505 Posts
Dixon put a Lyman frizzen on my Hawken a few years ago. Took him a few minutes and he just charged me for the part. Great people to deal with.

·
Registered
11,505 Posts
Go with the Lyman. Much better, harder, and will last you a "bunch" longer. (Note: "Bunch" is actually a measurement of time.)

I love this place. I learn all these new words. :smile_big:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts