The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leesport Farmers Market - Leesport PA (Rte 61 near Reading & Cabellas)

175 tables

Leesport Farmers Market

312 Gernant's Church Rd
Leesport, PA 19533

March 12th & 13th

Open to the Public 9 to 4 on Saturday 9 to 3 on Sunday

Admission is $7.00 for anyone 12 and up

THE ERIE GUN SHOW
Erie, PA

Bayfront Convention Center
1 Sassafras Pier
Erie, PA 16507

Sat - 9am-5pm Sun - 9am-4pm

Adults - $8.00

Children under 12 w/ paying adult - FREE

Saturday admission good for both days!

East Berlin Gun Show (Fish and game club)

1808 Fish and game Rd
East Berlin, PA

Sat 8am - 4pm Sun 8am - 3pm

$3 Admission

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Also one at East Berlin Sportsmans club (I was told by a member of the club)

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How big is the one at East Berlin?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Not sure as I've never been to it.A buddy of mine is a member there (also a member here). I will talk to him tomorrow and get an idea and let you know.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Ok Talked to my buddy. He says its a fairly small show-maybe 150 tables or so. Also said that alot of local guys set up there to sell their excess stuff,but there is dealers there too. He said its usually a pretty good mix of stuff.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Well the weekend is over, did anybody get anything? I got this one at the gunshow in Dillsburg las weekend(March 5-6) Its a Stevens model 30 Favorite. Full octagon barrel,gold lever and hammer,Joshua SWtevens medallion in the stock, and stamped #0016(of 1,000 made). Had a tag of $200. Offered $150. He said $175. I said $160. He said no. I put it back down and moved to next table, and picked up a random gun. He leaned over and said you can have it for $160 if you take it right now. I said sold. FWIW, I would have paid the original $200 if I had to.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
March 19 & 20 Harrisburg, PA; 1200 tables Farm Show Complex, (internet map) 2300 North Cameron St., 17110. Interstate - 81 exit 67 Cameron St. south to Farm Show Complex on right. From Pa. turnpike ( I - 76 ) exit 247, follow I - 283 north to I - 83 north to I - 81 south to exit 67. No great buildup needed for this show. It has become the largest show of its kind in the east. None bigger or longer established. Our usuual offerings, plus and open invitation to RUGER, SAVAGE, MARLIN, HOPKINS & ALLEN, IVER JOHNSON, HIGH STANDARD, AND THOMPSON CENTER collectors WORLD WIDE to display or sell. Special display tables will be available and cash awards will be offered for best educational display.

·
Premium Member
23,851 Posts
Sounds like a good one Stan! Will try to make. Can you park at the Farm Show Complex?

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have to ask another. Never been to the show.

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
Loggy said:
Sounds like a good one Stan! Will try to make. Can you park at the Farm Show Complex?
Yes, you can almost drive right up to the show, but they charge the same to park as they do at the outdoor show.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What hall is it held in? Or halls?

·
Registered
25,491 Posts
one this weekend at Morris PA
Came thru there Sunday afternoon on my way to camp. Still plenty of vehicles around, but the "ballfield" looked like a swamp. Was tempted to stop, but didn't feel like sloggin' thru the muck to get in.

·
Registered
25,491 Posts
What hall is it held in? Or halls?
Used to go to most of them at the Farm Show complex, but haven't been over in some time. Usually they were set up out towards the main hall on the Maclay St. side, when I went to them?

They always had the big winter show the same weekend I was going back up to camp for doe seasons, so never went to any of them. There are usually spring and summer shows.

Quit going, mainly because of the cost and crowds. Last time I went, had spent about $12 before I got inside, between the parking and admission fees. Figure on spending most of tdhe day, if you go. It's the largest show in the area.

Would like to hit one of the York Fairgrounds shows some day.

·
Premium Member
23,851 Posts
Big Ken said:
Loggy said:
Yes, you can almost drive right up to the show, but they charge the same to park as they do at the outdoor show.
Thanks Ken.

·
Registered
893 Posts
47studebaker said:
one this weekend at Morris PA
I went to Morris.
I enjoy that one.
No big buys of course but we ate and got a few little things.
Wife ended up with more than I did go figure....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts