The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday 1st day of archery. Took my new buddy out to the game lands. He lives with his grandparents and doesn't have any hunting experiences. He just loved it out there, asking questions about everything we saw. He is 10 yrs old and if his grandparents let me I would like to pass on my love of the outdoors and hunting to him. Saw lots of deer, squirrel, chipmunks, (of course), and turkey as well as lots of birds. He told me several times, without me asking, that he had a really great day, just warms the heart

This is my buddy we'll call him J.

He was curious about everything.

loved the water!

We had a ball with these turkeys, they had seen us and started moving away and we watched them for a while, then I started calling them with my voice. We were standing up and making some movement so they knew someting was not right, but they would come in and look around then walk away and when I called they would start answering and come back. The closest they came was about 30 to 35 yds, J was just thrilled. After we walked away, he asked if I could teach him how to call, so we had a lesson right there and he did great!

He loved this hat, we went to the salvation army before we went out, bought the fleece vest, camo hat, and this hat which he picked out, couldn't talk him out of it.

I'll keep you posted..

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Great job. He will remember today forever. (so will you)

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Looks like a new hunter is being groomed! Great work on starting a youngster on the way to loving the outdoors.

·
Premium Member
24,023 Posts
Very nice SF! One fine day indeed!

Beautiful pics there!!

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Looks like you got him started out on the right foot to get his interest in the outdoors.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey SF, if you need anything to help your little buddy out, please let me know and I'll see what I have laying around.

Again, just an awesome job.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
awesome...and dig the hat. If i can get a couple coons this year i'm gonna make one for my boys...and maybe one for me too for date nite with the wifey

1 - 12 of 12 Posts