The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25,499 Posts
I've been up since 3:30 AM when the electric went off. -13 at the time. Brought the generator out started it up and back in. 4:35 generator quit. wouldn't start again. Electric back on 8:10 -11, and -10 as I type. Thank you wood stove never quit once. Good news! Today is going to be warmer than yesterday.

Well the electric went out again as I was typing this and finally got back to it. Neer mind grouse Lost...think Ice fishing, skating or harvesting so you won't run out for your drinks this coming summer

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Yup, on one of the very last late season "last days" I hunted 226 for grouse and my dog pointed 2 and promptly missed. We finished out the day at the Early Bird Sportsmans show.

Stay warm Doodle, hope you get your power back for good soon.

·
Registered
25,499 Posts
Cleaning out the ashes now about 4 yards or so.... perhaps a slight embellishment.

Thanks but it is never for good with our power. Beginning of the month was a planned outage so they could perform maintenance for reliable service..have to admit it was quite reliable for 2.5 weeks :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some of our most memorable hunts were the last day of the season. DAP and I started hunting together in 2006(I think) and have been hunting the last weekend ever since. Unfortunately isnt always the last day anymore.

First year DAP and I started to hunt the last day together, I limited out in the early afternoon, DAP took his limit with 100 yards to go just outside the GC building on GL24. His first grouse over a pointing dog.

Vince(forget is screen name) shot his last grouse over my ****** dog the last day of the season many years ago; I think it was the next year cancer took him away from us.

Another year it was zero when we started, got up to 10. We hunted until dark, I killed our only grouse that day with 5 minutes to go, again over ******.

Another year we had 30 flushes along a stream outside Marienville and never got to fire a shot, grouse were sitting under young hemlocks and made their escape where they could barely be seen. DAP got horse that day yelling "grouse".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts