The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my partner's (daughter) took a sabbatical from trapping last year. I'm happy to report she's back into it this year. We set our line out on Monday. This morning we nailed a triple at a new location. I wanted to get a pic of all three but it was pitch black and I didn't think the pic would turn out. My partners are keeping an eye on two of them. The third is just behind the truck.

My daughter is wrangling the third of the triple catch.

We ended up with four this morning.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I was worried about offending some touchy-feely type's delicate sensibilities by posting a picture of my daughter occasionally holding a live foxes' tail...I wouldn't have posted it.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
thats funny. the exact response i expected. not a logical explination but instead an insult and ignorant response... how about you explain why you asked her to grab his tail? i bet it went something like this " grab his tail for the pic so he stops jumping and running is circles." correct me when im wrong.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Snyd08 said:
thats funny. the exact response i expected. not a logical explination but instead an insult and ignorant response... how about you explain why you asked her to grab his tail? i bet it went something like this " grab his tail for the pic so he stops jumping and running is circles." correct me when im wrong.
This is a trapping site! That is a pose that a "Fox Trapper" takes, she isn't "pulling" on the tail...

Great job lugnut, great photo....

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Snyd08 said:
Your comments are unnecessary. Keep it to yourself next time

·
Registered
683 Posts
CONGRATS on the Triple that is awesome......dont tell SNYDO8 how you dispatch them....he might get sick in the belly......lol

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
it amazes me how many people in these forums read what they want instead of actually truly reading the post before throwing bows left and right. my point of the posts was to say that alot of guys dont need to be so brutal, respect the animals guys thats all i was saying. if you read my posts I TRAP!! a great deal... (am well aware of how some guys hit them with a bar or club instead of shoot with a .22) again i am a trapper.

i respect the animals just like i do in waterfowling, turkey hunting, and deer hunting. i disbatch the animals as quick and humane as possible with the respect of the animals in mind. just was shocked at the responses i got to making a statement about a guy pulling an already caught foxes tail having her "wrangle the fox" seemed a bit overboard. i will no longer make a post negative to fellow trappers. i suppose i was raised differently and my appology is sent to all i offended.

again lugnut congrats a triple is something to be proud of.

·
Registered
972 Posts
That's great, wasn't it you that got a picture of a fox running in front of your truck while you was up in the field? That's priceless!
Denny

1 - 20 of 27 Posts