1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
How many dps do you have out?

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Wow, that's a lot of coon! Congrats on a good day on the line. The buck skull was a great find.

Lot's of fleshing to do now...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Are you setting multiple properties/farms? If so how many traps in an area? Just wondering bc i was thinking of buying some z traps to target coon to get some cash for some new coyote traps.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Are you setting multiple properties/farms? If so how many traps in an area? Just wondering bc i was thinking of buying some z traps to target coon to get some cash for some new coyote traps. Nice catch!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
xhitman187 said:
Are you setting multiple properties/farms? If so how many traps in an area? Just wondering bc i was thinking of buying some z traps to target coon to get some cash for some new coyote traps.
The coons in the picture were caught when me and a friend were floating a creek, we had 50 traps out in the 3-4 mile stretch of the creek. In the really good spots we would have 5 traps within 50 yards of each other, the first night we had 4 traps out in this one stretch and caught 4 big coons. So, how many traps in an area depends how much sign you see, no matter what if i put one trap out i put another one out close by even if there isn't much sign. If there's a lot of sign I'll put 5 or more traps. I've set 5 traps on a farm and on another farm I'll set 20 traps all depends on how many i think i can catch at that location.
The z-traps are really nice that was my first time using them, never had a pullout all week. I had one z-trap that had a lot of the powder coating coming off of it after a catch, all the other ones still had pretty much all the powder coating after a catch. I was kind of worried about the trigger system. The slightest bump of the dog and the trap sets off so if a coon was messing around with the trap before sticking his hand in, it could set it off pretty easily but i never had a trap set off.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts