The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 9 yr old son hunting yesterday with my pup and her mother...The day started off slow but i bagged a young grey after a bit..We went to a different woods and treed right out of the truck..We missed and the squirrel crawled into a hole..The next squirrel Jake knocked out after two shots..the next after that was a nice grey with one shot..2 mins later he nailed a big fox with two shots..We hunted back towards the truck when the dogs struck again...To our amazement a big boar coon sat atop the tree!!...What a great day in the woods with my son...The pics are from my cell so they arent high quality...

·
Registered
994 Posts
Nice job. I might get mine out to do some squirrel hunting this week since it will be warmer.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My son had the best time and I had to smile at his shot placements...Was also nice to see him encouraging our pup at the tree before shooting..Warning to anyone reading this thread...if you ever hunt over a Cur...you will be buying one!..

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Great!! That is great in many ways. Some great moments with the son. Hunting with dogs. Passing on a tradition to a youngster. It don't get much better than that.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I honestly cant say enough about these Cur dogs...I wish I had gotten into them before..My son is wearing my old game vest from when I was a kid..the stories that vest could tell..

·
Registered
307 Posts
Nice photos, kiotee. Great to see another youngster getting off to a good start. Only see a peek of your dog in the pictures. Do you have any photos of the dog that show him off? Kind of intrigued with those curs.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Windsniffer said:
Nice photos, kiotee. Great to see another youngster getting off to a good start. Only see a peek of your dog in the pictures. Do you have any photos of the dog that show him off? Kind of intrigued with those curs.
Finally got a digital to use...She's alot bigger now and getting started in the right direction...I hope to get her out in the next day or so and get some updated pics....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts