The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The US. Government will reportedly spend over $300 million on the second inauguration of Barack Obama.
President Obama’s first inauguration cost the government $200 million, but The White House wants to set the record yet again. ”President Obama is the greatest President in the history of the country, and we need to spend as much as we can to celebrate that fact,” said a White House insider. ”We wanted to spend a billion dollars, but we know that a lot of people are suffering in the country, so we restrained ourselves a little bit.”

When confronted about the cost being much more than previous presidents, this was the reply......

“Those Presidents didn’t know how to party. We do!” said a White House press secretary.

Things are gonna get ugly....this guy is no good.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Facts?....ok here is a fact. For the most part sleepy quiet rural conservative America...Usually don't say much...But it's starting to buzz under the present administration..

This is a fact....Rural conservative America is one hornets nest YOU DO NOT WANT TO KICK!!...

·
Registered
763 Posts
Buzzing of a hornets nest can be a good thing. My problem is if someone says something you better be able to back it up if not well than go away till you have facts.

·
Registered
707 Posts
The cost is approximately 169 million (not all taxpayer funded). Obama's first was 125 million. George bush's second inauguration cost 115 million

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I simply copied it down from the weekly world news...As with everything..we take it with a grain of salt. I certainly would not have first hand info..nor would most of us. But the arrogance and boldness of the white house has a lot of people stirred up...That is for sure...

here is the web link..take it for what it's worth.
weeklyworldnews.com/.../obama-inauguration-to-cost-300-mil.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
actually i'm not familiar with the weeklyworldnews.com...but after checking it out...i'm skeptical.......And although it seems they are spending a pile...more than necessary for sure...After reading it for myself...Along with some of the other ridiculus stuff there...It could very well be another media blow it out of proportion figure..My apologies

·
Registered
763 Posts
Shade mt no apologies needed as long as people understand the media is responable for alot of lies. I don't think they should have party at all.I know when I got a job no one gave me one. How about you?

·
Registered
15,357 Posts
i see no need for anything more than a simple swearing in. what purpose does it serve, what does it accomplish? any president or elected officials ought to be thinking of every possible way to save money.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
I don't care is it only costs a buck thats a dollar that could be spent to pay down the debt, help a food bank just to name a few things that could help the common man.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
(CBS News) Taxpayers pick up the tab for the inaugural swearing-in, security and the parade.

In reversal, corporate donors sought to pay for inauguration
A look inside the inaugural luncheon
Complete coverage: President Obama's second inauguration

But it's private donors who pay for all those swank inaugural balls and celebrations.

This time around, it's estimated $40 million will be raised for the lavish parties that draw some of the biggest money players in politics.

And watchdog Bill Allison, of the Sunlight Foundation, said there's a reason they're willing to drop so much cash on inaugural events.

"There's no better way to sidle up to somebody and exchange business cards at an inaugural event and say, 'We really need some help with this tax break or this regulatory matter,'" he said. "And that kind of access gets you, you know, the ear of people who can make decisions that can help you out."

Inaugural festivities have come a long way since James Madison charged admission to the ball at the door in 1809. Richard Nixon and Jimmy Carter raised $3-4 million. Ronald Reagan, both Bushes, and Bill Clinton raised $16 to $30 million. Then, in 2009, President Obama's inaugural committee shattered all records, with $53 million donated by private citizens.

This time, Mr. Obama's inaugural committee did an about-face from 2009 and decided to accept corporate money, and lift all limits on how much someone can donate.

Big donors can buy package deals named after Presidents Washington, Adams, Jefferson and Madison, with perks like tickets for "reserved bleacher seats to the Inaugural parade," and a "VIP reception" at the Candle Light Celebration.

Stephen Kerrigan, who heads up the inaugural committee, said the group is very comfortable with the way they are raising money.

"We know that we're breaking ground with limitations against lobbyists and PAC money," he said, "and that we are the most transparent inaugural that we've ever had."

While inaugural organizers say they are fully transparent -- and even posting the names of donors -- watchdogs argue that ordinary people don't get to rub shoulders with policymakers and the president the way big individual and corporate donors can.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-33816_162-57564840/inauguration-costs-who-pays/

·
Registered
21,571 Posts
yellodog said:
i see no need for anything more than a simple swearing in. what purpose does it serve, what does it accomplish? any president or elected officials ought to be thinking of every possible way to save money.
seriously.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
This further illustrates how out of touch Obama is with the real world. After increasing taxes and letting the deficit continue to climb he should know better. Leaders lead by example. He's no leader. He's a complete failure as POTUS.

·
Registered
52,306 Posts
Bill Clnton told Dem gatherers yesterday, you better be careful on voting for gun laws because it could cost you your job...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts