The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Olberman has been a douche bag for so long and been fired so many times I can't believe anybody would hire him.
Don't understand how anybody can watch or listen this idiot

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
because it is all about ratings...but this is over the top. ESPN keeps him they are nuts...and I can guarantee that the PSU people will keep pushing ESPN's buttons. I know for a fact at least 2 parents with cancer struck kids that THON helped out...they are furious...he will be toast soon...

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Start sending emails to espn, I'm sure if enough complaints arrive they will find somebody else to fill his spot. He needs to understand that Penn State will continue on, but unfortunately his career will not.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
That's the idea...this guy is a psyco..he's been fired from numerous places. Although, he will only admit to one firing. He states that the other spots were just a "Parting of the ways." ESPN was cocerned about ratings...and when you hate a guy the station still gets hits....Negative attention is still attention...but this was beyond reproach...Calling PSU the "worst university in the world" then telling PSU kids, "Your pitiful because your PSU students...period." If that's not a fireable offense than I don't know what is...and he said that after he was texted a message that said that THON has just raided 13 million for pediatric cancer..what a despicable human being.

·
Registered
20,787 Posts
While I get that the university has a sullied reputation based on the whole Sandusky case, I seriously doubt that the current students had anything to do with that. Raising funds for cancer research is noble and laudable. And, as we all know, Olbermann is an irrelevant buffoon who will say anything to get publicity. He can bash away at the school for the numerous misdeeds that were done and the blind eyes turned to those misdeeds and, truthfully, I'll probably agree with him. But he has no cause to bash the STUDENTS, especially students doing a charitable thing like this.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Drag said:
fired for exercising his right to free speech... seriously guys?
Yes he exercised his right to free speech. Now espn can exercise their contractual rights.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Drag said:
Freedom of speech means not being silenced or imprisoned by the government for your opinion. It doesn't protect you from being ridiculed by the public/being fired for being an a__hole.

·
Registered
186 Posts
He'll only need two pall bearers some day because that's how many handles there are on a garbage can. WE ARE....

·
Registered
20,787 Posts
Drag said:
He probably forfeits some of those rights in exchange for a fat load of of money that ESPN pays him.

·
Super Moderator
27,517 Posts
Fly Guy said:
Start sending emails to espn, I'm sure if enough complaints arrive they will find somebody else to fill his spot. He needs to understand that Penn State will continue on, but unfortunately his career will not.
Fixed it.

·
Registered
12,211 Posts
He's a small minded, and boorish person who has managed to occupy some time and space in the media. I imagine that he spends much time alone worshiping his own photographs.

·
Registered
40,345 Posts
He's just a self centered jerk. If they dump him I doubt anybody would shed a tear.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
And he went where?

Oh, Cornell. Who?...... Cornell, known because its a ivy leauge school. Thats about it. [censored] (HA HA his B. S. is censored) in communications. Thats a toughy right there. For some reason you never hear about Cornells engineering dept.

BWAHAHA, if you pull up Cornell, and go to the ACADEMICS (!!!!!!) page, one of the headers is Magical Mushrooms, and Mischevious Molds. http://www.cornell.edu/academics/

Ok, I understand Kieth a bit more now..

·
Banned
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My response from ESPN:

Regarding your recent email, ESPN has issued the below statement about Keith Olbermann:

"We are aware of the exchange Keith OIbermann had on Twitter last night regarding Penn State. It was completely inappropriate and does not reflect the views of ESPN. We have discussed it with Keith, who recognizes he was wrong. ESPN and Keith have agreed that he will not host his show for the remainder of this week and will return on Monday. The annual tradition of THON and the efforts of the students of Penn State to fight pediatric cancer should be applauded."

1 - 20 of 20 Posts