The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow 3 days of record heat sure ain't going to help edible shrooms...I was thinking weeks back how all the rain was going to make this one heck of a edible mushroom season...
Saw on the Pa map...Media are already griding off sections of the state as drought areas!!!!!

·
Registered
417 Posts
We've been cleaning up on chanterelles, chickens,oysters and trumpets all month.....my dehydrator hasn't been shut off in about 3 weeks.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Flifisher said:
We've been cleaning up on chanterelles, chickens,oysters and trumpets all month.....my dehydrator hasn't been shut off in about 3 weeks.
Wow really. I usually only get shrooms in the fall. That might have to change!

·
Registered
16,468 Posts
We've received drenching rains Friday, and again yesterday, my guess is that the Chants are booming right now. I just don't know if I can bring myself to tramp the woods looking for em.

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was out yesterday...Found only two golden Chanterelle at my spot... Either someone else knows about the spot or the high heat impact the crop.. They were real small and one could not hardly tell that they were a Chanterelle at one time.

However there were other edible mushrooms out...Russula Green Brittles, Deer Mushrooms, Small Puff Balls on logs, Boletes.

Looks like this year everything is three weeks ahead... Grasshopper in quantity.. I don't see them until September...Watch for the Giant Puff Balls in fields early this year..

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah and then the rain came!!!!!Get out there in Penns Woods... Shrooms should be sprouting up all over after this rain!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts