The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The area I hunt got hit fairly hard with snow during the last storm. There is still about 2 feet of snow up on the top. It is state forest and the roads have been plowed but access is closed. The roads have a 6 ft. high bank at the ends of them so that you can't access them and "road closed" signs at the ends.

So here is where I want to know what everyone else thinks. Tax dollars were used to open the roads, so is there any good reason to deny access? Why wouldn't they just push the ends open and allow hunters to use the roads? Anybody know?

·
Super Moderator
4,565 Posts
A 100 yards from from my house is a road closed sign.The local paper stated that a rock/mudslide occured.It was mostly cleaned up.However it remains closed because Penndot feels it might occur again from freeze thaw cycles.I drove through anyhow.It being closed adds 4 miles to my trip to work and 4 miles coming back.Penndot also stated the money is not there to provide a permament solution at this time.You may have the same type of issue.I drove through there so why can't the road be open?Are they afraid a rock will come down as I drive past the area?I would take my chances with that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts