The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinkin pretty hard about getting an encore pistol id like to get the 45/410 barrel to carry when hunting rabbits with the hounds

Is there a big diffrence between the pro hunter and the reg encore also price wise I have no clue what either the pro hunter or encore goes for so what can I expect to pay for the composite/ss with the 45/410

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
If your plans are to stick with the 45/410 I would forget the encore and get a contender not the g-2 but the contender. Better grip choices, lighter, and IMO better looking. A true contender with a set of pachy grippers will give a much better pointing gun for what you want to use it for than an encore will

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I plan on getting more barrels for it other then just the 45/410 thats just the one I'm gonna order with the frame right off the bat. I stopped by the gun shop today it should be here within 10 days -=))))

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have both the ss Encore and blued Pro Hunter frames, the Pro Hunter has the swing hammer, which means you loosen a set screw and turn the hammer to the right or left,(for shooting a scope), the Encore will work just fine but you will need to put a hammer extension on it,
I shoot all of my pistol barrels off of both frames, and they all perform great

1 - 5 of 5 Posts