The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Administrator
29,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted on behalf of Bcozhunter;

"No, the gov't won't try to disarm us! Pay close attention to what the Marine in the beginning says!"

It's not America as we known it before, it's changing

·
Super Moderator
29,168 Posts
Thanks, DIYASUB, for helping with my technical difficulties.

Came across this video, and thought it'd be good to post for those that think the government won't try to disarm us, or that the military will not follow orders. IMO some won't, but most will at, at least in the beginning until they realize what is happening. But by then many of us will be defenseless!
Many people on here talk of fighting back, self included, but notice the people being disarmed and saying that they know it's not right, but when there's an M-16 pointed at your head what else are you going to do?

·
Super Moderator
29,168 Posts
I think most of the military would initially carry out the orders. But once they realize what is happening, many won't any longer.
That video should open the eyes of those that think it couldn't happen.

BTW I got this video from a soldier.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
The Oath of Enlistment (for enlisted):

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

·
Super Moderator
29,168 Posts
This isn't just about whether the military would carry out orders to disarm citizens, it's also about the fact that these orders have been given in the past.

·
Registered
665 Posts
this is not good.but it will get crazy ,hope it doesnt come to this but i will not for one second not protect my family and friends ,we all need to be ready.better go get somemore ammo for the ar....

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Constitution is first in the oath, then the president and officers over me. That marine said that they follow orders given to them, but nothing was stated as to whether he would follow unlawful orders.

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
I believe the key to fighting back would be the independant thinking and abiltiy of our servicepeople, at every level of grade or rank, to challenge unlawful orders. Or to simply take a moral stand against doing what every American knows would be the wrong thing to do.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
It also goes to having to enforce martial law and the directions given troops in a unfamiliar situation. Most 18 to 24 year olds might not even know what the term means.

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
Truly frightening. During the course of discussions on this subject right here on these boards some have said that confiscation would (could) never happen here; well, as we see, it already has.

The really scary thing to me is that although many can’t see it, we are so close to this happening on a much larger regional or even nationwide scale. All it would take is a major catastrophe and it’s only a matter of time. Could be something as terrible as terrorist setting off multiple suitcase nukes in several major cities, to something as simple as the grid going down over a wide area.

Got a kick out of Marie the Baptist minister though:

“And I’ll tell you what; I’m an Aunty Oakley if you come fool with me or my family, I’m a let ya have it Buddy.”

You go girl!

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Oh Geesh - sorry guys - looks like some self editing in order...

Do not try this at home... I am a exper..................

·
Registered
652 Posts
If it comes to them coming door to door and people don't react, then yeah i can see that. I still find it hard to believe that 90% of the grunts would be willing to kill americans over this. Looking at it that way we have alot of good ole boys on the inside,,,,

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
jimsdad said:
I believe the key to fighting back would be the independant thinking and abiltiy of our servicepeople, at every level of grade or rank, to challenge unlawful orders. Or to simply take a moral stand against doing what every American knows would be the wrong thing to do.
I agree . I hope/believe that during the Katrina cleanup , the service assumed they were disarming looters and protecting emergency workers . I pray that the media attention that the 2nd Amendment is getting , will have our Armed Forces questioning operations on US grounds . I hope that parents & family are contacting thier men & women in the Forces to give a heads-up on issues .

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Anyone remember Kent State?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Much like the video...

Many will say BEFORE HAND:
"I'll give'm up, bullets first"; "from my cold dead hands"; etc, etc.

When they ACTUALLY SHOW UP:
"they had a gun to my head! what was I supposed to do!?!"
"there were 6 of them and 1 or 2 of us!!"

Not diminishing anyone's resolve... BUT, you won't know 'till you <span style="font-style: italic">KNOW</span>.
IF you are going to resist, you BETTER be willing to DIE.
Odd's are, that will be the most likely outcome.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts