The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IF YOU HAD TO BUG IN AND STAY IN YOU HOUSE FOR WHATEVER THE REASON DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH MATERIAL TO COVER YOUR WINDOWS AND BOARD UP THE DOORS? NOT THAT IT WOULD STOP SOMEONE OR SOMETHING FROM GETTING IN BUT IT MAY GIVE YOU THE EXTRA TIME TO GET THERE AND PUT IT DOWN. ANOTHER THING TO THINK OF MAYB NOT SO MUCH FOR THE COUNTY BOYS BUT IF IT WAS FALL WHEN IT HAPPENED HOW YOU HEATING YOUR HOME WITH OUT BEING DETECTED BY USING WOOD AND HAVING PEOPLE SEE SMOKE?

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I do not have the materials at my home for such a thing. However my family's plan is to meet at my father in laws place, there are several of us meeting there. We are all within a mile of it. That is were we plan to "Bug in" we have supplies there and there is wood to cover windows. As for the fire, we won't be hiding the smoke, it is a rural area and there will be enough of us there armed minding our business if someone comes to do harm they will be opening a serious can of worms. Good question though I had thought about this in the past before our family decided on our current emergency plan.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Closet doors metal or wood , bedroom doors also , plenty of things other than normal stacks of plywood can cover your windows if that's what you were looking to do.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
My Wife`s Aunt would call and brag about how much food and supplies they had stashed when the 2000 scare was on. I finally had enough! I asked Her if She had told the neighbors the same story. Of course, She replied. They want us to be safe. I then asked Her if they had a bunch of Ammo and Guns stockpiled. No, why do we need them? Told Her when the neighbors run out of supplys, where do you think they are heading? Never bragged again...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts