The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are somethings that you think people would forget if a major disaster/terror attack would happen in the US and had to evac to the wilderness?

·
Registered
13,867 Posts
That's an easy one...My Mother-in-Law.

·
Registered
596 Posts
THAT ALOT OF THOSE THAT DON'T BELIEVE IN "THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS" WOULD JUST THROW THEIR OPINION ON THAT OUT THE WINDOW.THINGS THAT MAKE YA GO "HMMMMM?" OH... THEIR TOOTHBRUSH TOO! SORRY HAD TO SAY IT BUT THIS SHOULD BE A REALLY GREAT THREAD TO WATCH. GREAT QUESTION!!!

·
Registered
957 Posts
i think things like soap, toothpaste, the normal everyday items... the guys who get things ready are always thinking about the things you would need in that situation, and we all tend to forget the items we use in everydayy life.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Probably a knife seems like I forget it ever time I need it

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
peroxide, iodine scrub, rubbing alcohol, bleach. One of the biggest dangers in the wild is infection. If you get a cut and it gets infected it could kill you. There are alot of disinfectants in a persons home. But I think these could be a forgotten item in a bug out bag.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MEDS WOULD BE MY NUMBER ONE ANSWER I KNOW THAT IF IM SICK AND THE MEDS ARE INFRONT OF ME I FORGET TO TAKE THEM LOL BUT ITS A SERIOUS MISTAKE THAT CAN END YOUR LIFE. DEPENDING ON WHAT YOUR ON.

·
Registered
11,438 Posts
moosemike said:
peroxide, iodine scrub, rubbing alcohol, bleach. One of the biggest dangers in the wild is infection. If you get a cut and it gets infected it could kill you. There are alot of disinfectants in a persons home. But I think these could be a forgotten item in a bug out bag.
was doin some reading and bleach will be one of my #1 items. Like a tsp will treat 5 gal of so-so water. That is if I have semi-unlimited space.

Also got to thinking that a small bottle of alcohol would be great. Not only for disinfectant, but if the fire is not lighting easily, it can be used as an accelerant.

·
Registered
11,438 Posts
but Isopropyl evaporates with no smell...kero is a stinking thing. Iso can be used as a genereal cleanser...no zits at least.

Come on man...work with me here

·
Registered
11,438 Posts
oh..and how much creedence do we put into having things like plastic grocery bags/garbage bags? useful for many things.

·
Registered
11,438 Posts
must. I think another trip to the backwoods may help that. Just don't ask Poss about the "secrets" he keeps for the "leaders".

·
Registered
13,867 Posts
had to...can't stand to watch...

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
i think it would depend on the person. someone that is outdoors would be more prepared to go into the woods for a time. i know some people what their world would end without a cell phone the computer and the tv. i think given say a half hour notice most that work or play in the outdoors could get everything they need

·
Registered
11,438 Posts
Depends on whta teh "cause" happened to be. I think if the mushroom floated over DC or NYC....I got a lot of time before MSHTF

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I don't think that you have to worry about people evacuating to the wilderness. Cars would break down or run out of gas and trafic would come to a stand still. They could not evacuate NO and they had 4 days notice before Katrina. Most of them would sit and wait for FEMA to help them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts