The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Thanks for the info, our camp is in Huston Twp, next to Pine Twp. We are lucky that our 'local friends' do keep an eye on our camp.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
One set of idiots down, but they aren't the only ones on that mountain. There was a group of young kids workin it over last year that to my knowledge have not been found.

·
Registered
26,142 Posts
They need to charge the dealers with receiving stolen goods a couple times , would break this up......
Yep! Don't take many smarts to know the difference between actual scrap and something that is probably a usable item that's been stolen? Scrap dealers should be accountable. Look at all the metal cemetery flag medallions, man hole covers and things like that, which has been stolen and "cashed in" for scrap.

Where I used to take my copper and brass work scrap, they required a photo ID and some proof it was yours. Just showed 'em my plumbing license, no problems.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Goshen is where my camp is.
Scrap thefts have skyrocketed the last few years. 99% of the time its heroin addicts doing it. I see it everyday at work. Almost all junkies stealing whats not nailed down for a quick fix. Scrapyards don't care as long as they get it in and melted as fast as possible. They are just as dirty as the junkies stealing.
Honestly they wont get much time. Especially if never arrested or only arrested for non violent offenses. They may get a year at most more than likely walking probation and drug treatment. Burns me up!!!!!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
clearfield12 said:
Scrap thefts have skyrocketed the last few years. 99% of the time its heroin addicts doing it. I see it everyday at work. Almost all junkies stealing whats not nailed down for a quick fix. Scrapyards don't care as long as they get it in and melted as fast as possible. They are just as dirty as the junkies stealing.
Honestly they wont get much time. Especially if never arrested or only arrested for non violent offenses. They may get a year at most more than likely walking probation and drug treatment. Burns me up!!!!!
Yep...you about nailed it. How's this....if you read closely on this case, the thieves aren't even in jail! The judge gave them unsecured bail which means they were not committed to jail following their arrest. Seen many similar cases here, most they will more than likely do if convicted is probation, but that depends on their prior convictions.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
bassnleo said:
clearfield12 said:
Yep...you about nailed it. How's this....if you read closely on this case, the thieves aren't even in jail! The judge gave them unsecured bail which means they were not committed to jail following their arrest. Seen many similar cases here, most they will more than likely do if convicted is probation, but that depends on their prior convictions.
would be better if they broke into camp during rifle season while it was occupied.....

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
clearfield12 said:
bassnleo said:
clearfield12 said:
would be better if they broke into camp during rifle season while it was occupied.....
AMEN to that. However, the archers could make it interesting too!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.