·
Registered
17,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught over 50 this morning. Kept 37.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Thats AWESOME!!! I would have one heck of a fish fry!!!!

It's been years since I targeted panfish like that. Now it's RIVER fishing and nothing else haha. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
17,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
99% of the time I am chasin' crappies. I also fish for walleyes occasionally, but not very often.

These pics are from a month ago. First one is 53 keepers (caught over 80 that day). Second one is 34 keepers (caught over 60). Third one is 83 keepers (caught over 120). Total was 170 keepers with over 250 fish caught in the 3 days.

·
Registered
208 Posts
JJ5C said:
Hunter8319 said:
Thats awesome....until you get home and have to fillet all of those!
Good point. You can keep the crappies. I'll take 2 18" walleye any day!!
Ha,ha,ha...so many are missing the boat you apparently included. A sweet crappie fillet makes an eye take a back seat any day imo!

High Tech...what did you nail all beautiful slabs on??

·
Registered
17,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hunter8319 said:
Thats awesome....until you get home and have to fillet all of those!
Definitely a labor of love. I actually enjoy filleting. I use an electric fillet knife, so it doesn't take that long at all to do a bunch. We eat them at least once a week, about 30-35 fillets per meal and I have enough to get us through until spring.

A little bit of info from filleting the ones from yesterday. Only one had eggs. Up until a couple of weeks ago, a lot of them were loaded with eggs. Not this time though.

·
Registered
17,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shaddartman said:
High Tech...what did you nail all beautiful slabs on??
Jigs with tubes.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Nice mess of feesh. I'll take crappie and gills over walleye any day. They not only taste better, they freeze better too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts