The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
I was watching this on TV.....Bottom line, if an "American" is gonna side with terrorists and commit treason and kill other Americans ?...Then kill him too!

·
Super Moderator
26,996 Posts
I heard some of this on the Ed Schultz show on my way to work. I almost crashed from shock because fat Ed was actually critical of the Obama Administration over this policy.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
lets be honest, these aren't americans they're killing. they're born terrorists who got citizenship in order to commit terrorist acts easier. notice none of them are named bob smith or ed jones. kill 'em all.

·
Registered
12,200 Posts
And his little dog too. I have no problem killing an "American" who is a terrorist, commits espionage, kills other Americans.

·
Super Moderator
13,779 Posts
I agree 100% with killing American terrorists.

The concern though is in the White Papers and what appears to be a Presidential power to declare American’s as terrorists and order an attack on them without a clear definition of what is required to constitute an act of terrorism.

With the White Papers could an act of terrorism someday be construed to be where a group of gun rights advocates had gathered to discuss ways to defend against a Government taking steps to by-pass the U.S. Constitution?

I don’t think anyone has a problem with an attack on Americans who are obvious terrorists working with those that have already been deemed our enemy. But, we do need to keep a watchful eye on anything and everything that extends unrestrained powers to any one person or branch of our Government. I am not an attorney and thus don’t know exactly what all the White Papers do allow but it is worth careful examination and interpretation by people who do understand all of the potential implication.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
R. S. B. said:

The concern though is in the White Papers and what appears to be a Presidential power to declare American’s as terrorists and order an attack on them without a clear definition of what is required to constitute an act of terrorism.

With the White Papers could an act of terrorism someday be construed to be where a group of gun rights advocates had gathered to discuss ways to defend against a Government taking steps to by-pass the U.S. Constitution?

I don’t think anyone has a problem with an attack on Americans who are obvious terrorists working with those that have already been deemed our enemy. But, we do need to keep a watchful eye on anything and everything that extends unrestrained powers to any one person or branch of our Government. I am not an attorney and thus don’t know exactly what all the White Papers do allow but it is worth careful examination and interpretation by people who do understand all of the potential implication.

Dick Bodenhorn
Thank you
. I was begining to think I may be the only one paranoid of the definition of terrorist . ( And I DON"T even own a semiautomatic ) I have no problem either IF they target terrorists as we have come to understand the term . Just as long as it's not ( insert name ) down the road that has an AR-15 and a couple thousand rounds of ammo to keep the Coyotes from eating his livestock .

·
Registered
18 Posts
This policy creates huge 6th amendment issues for me. I know we're all sportsman and gun owners, but the 2nd isn't the only Amendment of the Constitution worth protecting. Allowing the executive the ability to be judge/jury/executioner is unAmerican. We should be as startled by this type of behavior as we are when magazine size is restricted.

·
Super Moderator
26,996 Posts
308winch said:
This policy creates huge 6th amendment issues for me. I know we're all sportsman and gun owners, but the 2nd isn't the only Amendment of the Constitution worth protecting. Allowing the executive the ability to be judge/jury/executioner is unAmerican. We should be as startled by this type of behavior as we are when magazine size is restricted.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
jimsdad said:
And his little dog too. I have no problem killing an "American" who is a terrorist, commits espionage, kills other Americans.
Indeed. But this sets a president...so anyone that is a citizen can be "droned" if the regime deems it dangerous. Are you dangerous? Do you have a lot of guns and are "at odds" with The Regime?

No one likes terrorists in Yemen or some such place, but when do you draw the line?

The US "outlawed" assignations years ago via any means. Why is it OK to tag a person as "the enemy of the state" and kill them?

I personally do not trust the gov't to do the "right thing"....Ever.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Oh, yea....forgot to mention...there are drones flying over your city too. They aren't just in Pakistan. (with the President's accent on Poki-ston) It's pronounced Pakistan. Dummy.

·
Registered
12,200 Posts
Agreed, it is a slippery slope. There must be due dilligence and process of law over-arching this. I do not agree that this decission should rest with whoever the President is but must have an "Advies and Consent" construct that involves the 3 branches of the Fed Govt. As far as drones over the US, this is a real problem. In another post I wrote about a need for us to develope anti-drone technology because, sooner or later, every country is going to have these things and we need to defend against them. Does that mean we will need to accept drones flying over the US to "protect" us from hostile ones? Ya', I guess so. Another double edged sword from the age of perpetual warfare.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I wonder how long it is before we stop reigning the Hellfire missiles from Predator drones in the middle east and they start landing here in the US? That's where you would lose me. Americans have no buisness being in those situations. If you as an American citizen can walk around unmolested in Taliban territory, chances are your either a member of the press or a terrorist.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
4x4dad said:
R. S. B. said:

Dick Bodenhorn
Thank you
. I was begining to think I may be the only one paranoid of the definition of terrorist . ( And I DON"T even own a semiautomatic ) I have no problem either IF they target terrorists as we have come to understand the term . Just as long as it's not ( insert name ) down the road that has an AR-15 and a couple thousand rounds of ammo to keep the Coyotes from eating his livestock .
x2- remember the signing of the NDAA last year and the statements about allowing one branch to make the determination as to who was a terrorist even on American soil.

There is alot of hypocrisy right now with the media, if this was GW, the press would have gallows outside the whithouse right now. But with O its all quiet. I personally like the idea of using drones to smack a target, no boots on the ground(not that we know of) so thats not an issue. However, as noted these drone strikes do take out more than the target, which in turn further increase our dislike in the world, not that i care about what the rest of the world thinks of us. But this go against O's and the left pledge to increase the likability of the US in the middle east, and yet all his supporters are silent. I guess as long as he keeps sending out those checks and back room favors they won;t say anything.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts