The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I use a 1 liter green Stanley wrapped with camo tape, for morning hunts. I have a Bass Pro camo push button, larger bottle for all day hunts. I had to contact Stanley 2 times to finally get a working bottle. They sent me 2 new ones.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I bought the new one hand vacuum Stanley and it just doesn't keep stuff hot. Going to switch back to the regular screw on top. Shame because it's awesome not having to unscrew the top when you're hunting.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
My Stanley is nearly 40 years old and still as good as new.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Used a Stanley for many years but it stopped keeping my coffee hot for more than a couple of hours. Replaced it with a Nissan which takes up less space and keeps beverages hot all day.
No shiney cup or base on the Nissan.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Stanley.

Saw an actual consumer test and the good old Stanley mopped the rest up.

Buddy of mine's dad had one with a D9 cleat mark across it. Fell of his dozer somehow and he ran it over. Still worked perfectly bent up a bit.

·
Super Moderator
4,885 Posts
Stanley... Carried one underground for years in the coal mines. Used my first one for over 20 years, it was so dinged up, my wife got me a new one for Christmas. It was still functional though.

·
Super Moderator
24,058 Posts
treemouse said:
I use a 1 liter green Stanley wrapped with camo tape
Same here

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Nissan FAR BETTER.
Have a half gallon Nissan. Coffee still hot, even on the coldest of days, nearly 24 hours after being brewed!
Have had several Stanley or Thermos and they do not even come close!!!!

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Nissan ???

I still have a Thermos made in Illinois. Checked it this year and it still keep the liquid hot. Forty or so years ain't bad.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Dont recollect how long ago it was ill say maybe 20yrs. Cabelas carried a limited edition wetlands camo Stanley bottle. I just had to have it, well you know...because it was camo. Mom got it for me, i still use it. Its seen alot of cold mornings in the field and work

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Dayton_Boy13 said:
Dont recollect how long ago it was ill say maybe 20yrs. Cabelas carried a limited edition wetlands camo Stanley bottle. I just had to have it, well you know...because it was camo. Mom got it for me, i still use it. Its seen alot of cold mornings in the field and work
I have the same bottle. It was my go-to for goose huntin when I still did that.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I have the stanley I got 30 years ago and a newer one I got my wife about 10 years ago and both work fine. 5 years ago I got a nissan as it is much more compact, not metalic and less noisy...no handle. The nissan keeps stuff hotter, smaller and better suited for hunting.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
indianahunter said:
I have the stanley I got 30 years ago and a newer one I got my wife about 10 years ago and both work fine. 5 years ago I got a nissan as it is much more compact, not metalic and less noisy...no handle. The nissan keeps stuff hotter, smaller and better suited for hunting.
link to the nissan bottle?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts