·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
02/12/2013

Snow geese: 5,000 +/-
Tundra swans: 3,300 +
Canada geese: 3,100 +

Things are starting to pick up a little. The lake is still pretty much ice covered though and developments will be weather dependant.

·
20,126 Posts
That's crazy because I had constant movement south of Canada's last night over my house.....although we have quite a bit of snow on the ground where live with more on the way this week and weekend by the sound of it. Hoping not though.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
There has been a big push of canadas down my way as well. There have been snows mixed in with the push of dark geese.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
The Tundra Swans are showing a big increase over last year.
There should be a huntable population of snows in the next few days!

·
Registered
320 Posts
If I was a betting man id bet most of these snows got pushed down by the storm I think its going to be a week. Or so till we seoe a north push imo of course now that I said that they will all show up this weekend

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
Big flock of Northbound snow geese flew over my house this morning.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
It's now wave after wave of Northbound snows.

·
20,126 Posts
Amazing!! I am stunned at the movement considering the amount of ice. I saw this 2-3 years ago with pushed north out of PA. Tons of snow and ice up north and they just left. It seems like nothing hold them up from going when they wanna go. It just doesn't matter. Amazing birds.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
ADVISORY: Please note that these numbers are estimates and subject to rapid and dramatic change.
These updates are submitted by Jim Binder, Middle Creek manager.

02/13/2013

Snow geese: 20,000 +/-

02/12/2013

Snow geese: 5,000 +/-
Tundra swans: 3,300 +
Canada geese: 3,100 +

Now that was a big migration day. Went from 5k to 20k in 24 hours!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts