The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have cabin fever surf up vids by The wild North on U Tube. Caution due to some unsavory language by the "Star"

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
I've been watching those this last week, what do they call Canadian hillbillies? Snowbillies? Cussing and smoking cigarettes and tossing the butts down next to sets...

Another oddball series are the urbantrapper guys. Also cussing, and catching mostly nutrias. Not sure where they are located though, but trapping under the fancy elevated footbridge. Are they in OR by chance?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Wild North is filmed in the North West Territories. Notice they dont have problems with frozen traps. Nothing ever thats and re-freezes. Snow is always powder!!!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Nutria in OR? A bit north for them pehaps?

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
I've been subscribed to Andrew's videos on youtube for 2 years now. I can't wait till he puts out a new one every couple weeks.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
I have seen nutria pelts for sale at Moscow Hide and Fur in ID, where they say they are from OR. Keep in mind western OR stays somewhat warm year round, and pretty much rains all winter ( unless you go to higher elevations). If nutes can survive and thrive in MD, they can in western OR. The fur sale they went to had western looking bobcats at it.

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
"You Charles!" LOL

Charlie the Beaver Retriever is a pretty cool pup. ha

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
I had to turn and flesh a moose nose the other night, and saved a bunch of the meat and that fatty looking stuff and tossed it down for my dogs and they weren't sure if it was edible or not LOL. They did eventually eat it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts