The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, it is here. Tyranny is staring us in the face. And it is time for action.

Ben Wassell of Silver Creek, NY has been the first person arrested under the unconstitutional, tyrannical, and morally corrupt SAFE Act. As a common man, he is engaged in a war against uncommon, powerful, and vindictive people/politicians.

He will without doubt incur substantial bills fighting to protect his freedoms. I ask you to consider helping this man and his family fight this worthy battle. You can donate at:

http://www.gofundme.com/2clmcw?pc=fb_d

You can learn more about his situation at:

http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/03/first-man-arrested-under-nys-unconstitutional-safe-act/

·
Banned
2,894 Posts
I checked the links out and the poll about gun control in the second one is a joke.
We should not accuse the other side of politicizing incidents like Sandyhook when we try to do the same thing in this case.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
So is there any documentation as to what the circumstances were to the arrest? Circumstances such as, who did he sell to, was it a legal transfer under previous state law? Lot of questions that aren't answered other than we are supposed to rally behind someone that we know absolutely nothing about.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Assuming all parties in question followed Constitutional Law in the sale & transfer and NONE were PRIOR felons , would this following Constitutional observation not apply ?

Unconstitutional Official Acts

16 Am Jur 2d, Sec 177 late 2d, Sec 256:

The general misconception is that any statute passed by legislators bearing the appearance of law constitutes the law of the land. The U.S. Constitution is the supreme law of the land, and any statute, to be valid, must be In agreement. It is impossible for both the Constitution and a law violating it to be valid; one must prevail. This is succinctly stated as follows:

The General rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and name of law is in reality no law, but is wholly void, and ineffective for any purpose; since unconstitutionality dates from the time of it's enactment and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it. An unconstitutional law, in legal contemplation, is as inoperative as if it had never been passed. Such a statute leaves the question that it purports to settle just as it would be had the statute not been enacted.

Since an unconstitutional law is void, the general principles follow that it imposes no duties, confers no rights, creates no office, bestows no power or authority on anyone, affords no protection, and justifies no acts performed under it.....

A void act cannot be legally consistent with a valid one. An unconstitutional law cannot operate to supersede any existing valid law. Indeed, insofar as a statute runs counter to the fundamental law of the lend, it is superseded thereby.

No one Is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it.

Jon Roland:

Strictly speaking, an unconstitutional statute is not a "law", and should not be called a "law", even if it is sustained by a court, for a finding that a statute or other official act is constitutional does not make it so, or confer any authority to anyone to enforce it.

All citizens and legal residents of the United States, by their presence on the territory of the United States, are subject to the militia duty, the duty of the social compact that creates the society, which requires that each, alone and in concert with others, not only obey the Constitution and constitutional official acts, but help enforce them, if necessary, at the risk of one's life.

Any unconstitutional act of an official will at least be a violation of the oath of that official to execute the duties of his office, and therefore grounds for his removal from office. No official immunity or privileges of rank or position survive the commission of unlawful acts. If it violates the rights of individuals, it is also likely to be a crime, and the militia duty obligates anyone aware of such a violation to investigate it, gather evidence for a prosecution, make an arrest, and if necessary, seek an indictment from a grand jury, and if one is obtained, prosecute the offender in a court of law.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
So , if our Constitution is to be valid , governor Cuomo should have been removed from office as soon as he suggested his BAN . No ?

If his BAN is unconstitutional , then it by all righs is unenforceable . Which declares all parties that violated it innocent .

·
Banned
1,465 Posts
Starting to get sick of all of the donations on this site. Some,I will agree are in need and do need assistance, but we have to draw the line somewhere. I will have to go and get a line of credit out so I can donate to everyone that runs into a little bump in the road in their lives. Sproul

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Exactly. IF it was unconstitutional, then the NRA HAD BETTER defend this man. The multi-billion dollar NRA can handle this, not my checkbook.

·
Banned
2,894 Posts
I did not read anything that would lead me to think of the man as a "Patriot". Something just doesn't pas the smell test with this thing.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Guy was arrested under law that already existed in NY. Under cover cop told him he was a convicted felon. Dufus sold it to him anyway.

WV Gino

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
WV Gino Home said:
Guy was arrested under law that already existed in NY. Under cover cop told him he was a convicted felon. Dufus sold it to him anyway.

WV Gino
Either the guy ( seller ) was that clueless to the law or he just did'nt care and needed the money .

·
Registered
24,000 Posts
IF he willingly sold it to a man (cop or not) who told him he is a former felon, then that's to bad.

in my opinion he would have sold that gun to a crook for real, U.C. cop or not. then there would have been another felon running the streets robbing and killing with this guys gun.

let him pay for this on his own and maybe he might learn something.

UPDATE: I read the info in the links and couldn't find where he sold the gun to an undercover cop who told him he is a former felon...anyone got the link?

·
Registered
19,190 Posts
Right or wrong, the law is the law. Period!!
I like the articles emphasis on jury nullification.

If the law is unpopular (for whatever reason) and a jury finds him NOT GUILTY, regardless of the proof or case against him or the number of witnesses, the man walks and to heck w/the law. That's as American as apple pie, we need more people to exercise this option as they find appropriate.

BH

1 - 17 of 17 Posts