The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the call today from my taxidermist, he's finally finishing the grey fox and grouse i shot last year on the same day.. The idea was to get the fox mounted with the grouse in it's mouth.. He's just needing my input for the base.. i'll be posting a picture for sure today if he lets me snap a pic. headed there at lunch.

hope it looks as good as he is describing.. shot them end of october last year.. he doesnt rush and does a crazy good job

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
false alarm.. its not finished yet and he wouldnt let me in on the suprise.. but this is the same body type of mount only in a grey fox.. the mouth will be opened with the grouse limp in it's mouth while showing some teeth standing on a piece of driftwood

·
Registered
927 Posts
Sweet i wish it wasnt so exspensive, my uncle dan has a black wolf mount he shot in alaska. the eyes are yellow

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
arc said:
Sweet i wish it wasnt so exspensive, my uncle dan has a black wolf mount he shot in alaska. the eyes are yellow
i just hope my wife doesnt find out the total price. I put my spare change for the year in a plastic culligan water jug and cash it in the end of the year to put towards something getting mounted.. lets just say i had to dip into the checking accound lol.. full body fox and a full grouse mount lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts