The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39,977 Posts
Great tune.

Little known fact about the song. It was first recorded and released by Nella Dodds. I liked the Supremes version better but here is Nella's version....

http://youtu.be/wwhsp_QWX2I

·
Registered
19,642 Posts
Remember that well.....they played it to death at our 8th grade graduation dance.

·
Registered
19,642 Posts
DC 21 is a Philly kid....bet he was one of Jerry Blavat's dancers on "The Discophonic Scene"

·
Registered
20,583 Posts
atr said:
Birch812 said:
Remember that well.....they played it to death at our 8th grade graduation dance.

Man you are lucky where I lived we had to go to school for 12 years
Some folks take to booklearnin quicker than others!

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
DC 21 was big on American Bandstand with Dick Clark in Philly, I used to watch him dance, in fact his DC 21 is Clark's initials that he plagerized.......

·
Registered
19,642 Posts
atr said:
Birch812 said:

Man you are lucky where I lived we had to go to school for 12 years
Attending parochial school, 8th grade was the end of co-ed school for me till I went to Penn State almost 8 years later

·
Registered
39,977 Posts
RonM said:
DC 21 was big on American Bandstand with Dick Clark in Philly, I used to watch him dance, in fact his DC 21 is Clark's initials that he plagerized.......

Dick Clark wouldn't allow my Irish dancing on bandstand. He wasn't fond of yodeling either.

·
Registered
20,583 Posts
dc 21 said:
RonM said:

Dick Clark wouldn't allow my Irish dancing on bandstand. He wasn't fond of yodeling either.
That was his only weakness.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts