The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went out this morning and I saw 4 groundhogs and believe it or not I couldn't get a shot at any of them, but last Saturday I went to the Lawrence Co. Varmint shoot and shot some paper groundhogs. I shot a 146 score out of 150 I was not in the money but at least my score was respectable. I shot a 6mm br rifle with Vapor Trail bullets and Varget powder.
Drags

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
I was out yesterday. It was windy! Nice, but windy! This is the first time I’ve really noticed how much the wind affects the .17 Hornet’s 25gr bullet. I missed 3 hogs from 150-200yds, and that’s a first!!

Hogs I’ve hit at those ranges just a few days earlier with 1shot I missed with 3.

Two of em were dumb to come back out when I was positioned at 100yds or less. One shot and they didn’t move!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Took several grounds over he decades with my 243 Ruger M77. Now I have 22-250 but no ground hogs to hunt.....
I agree B2H the numbers are way down, but I enjoy just getting out whether I get anything or not. I see a fair amount of deer ,turkey and a occasional coyote I also saw one eagle one time.
Drags

1 - 20 of 27 Posts