The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never seen the warning, but anyone ever get a ground blind, that was too small in width, for them.

I've scouted getting one, and it seems some are just a little small for my draw length on the bow. With the arrow on one side and my elbow on the other. Wondering if others saw or had this problem?

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Any of the pop-up or hub-style blinds will accomidate you. I believe they sqare out around 60" or so. If it helps ya out any, I know for a fact that the ameristep Brickhouse and G-30 (I think) will conceal a 29" draw length..as will a Double Bull Matrix. Consider those a reference point for your research for a blind! ALSO..if you have the problem of the arrow stickin out of the blind..as your raising the bow for the shot..draw back at the same time..that helps the arrow from getting close to the window if your worried about that. Good luck!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have the Primose that cabelas sells for around $149. It's a great blind, my buddy and I are both around 6' I weigh around 240 and he's about 180 and we fit in it fine this turkey season, both were archery hunting birds. I'm going to upgrade to the double bull because I like the style for the windows a little more, also they have a model for traditional bows that's 4" higher. Only downfall to the double bull is it's double the price.

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
I never thought I would get a blind, didn't think I'd like them. But I have been seriously thinking about one for this season. I would rather be in a tree stand or in the open but the last few years I tend to not be in a hurry to get in the woods on those cold rainy mornings.

Anyway, I was looking at the Ameristep Dominator 2 blind. It is due to come out in July I think. It is 72"x72" wide and 80" high. Large enough to stand up and shoot if I want and could fit two people. As stated above most are at least 60" x 60" and that should be plenty to draw your bow. From what I hear you want the hub style blinds. They are much easier to setup and take down.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
You really cannot go wrong with the Double bull line-up of blinds..they are spectacular! Last day of spring gobbler season, dad and I had hens landing 8 feet in front of mine. They are quiet, silent window, shine resistant and have no wind flap..they are great blinds!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts