The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In just reading some posts about tresspassing, poaching, hunters mad at hunters, etc. I got to thinking.

Sometimes we overlook the simple things in life such as:
-being able to hunt physically
-having family and friends to hunt with
-property to hunt on
-possibly a friendly dog

I agree that people should respect others and their right to hunt but somtimes we overlook this stuff.

Some people arent fortunate enough to be blessed and able to hunt.

Dont want to start arguements...just a thought.

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
I agree 100%. I share your perspective. No need to kill and fill all my tags. I love the woods, thank our troops for letting us have this opportunity, and thank my father for showing me the outdoors, etc. That is what is most important, and even more important than that, is passing it on to the next generation.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I could not agree more. I hunted with my dad and when he passed I had no one else to hunt with. Should make some think about what they have ( friends to hunt with,land to hunt on ect)

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Right on with all you guys
I've learned to just appreciate the opportunities we have and make the most of what we are given anytime we can. Took some life lessons over the years but the last 6 or 8 yrs have been the best in my life.

·
Registered
12,532 Posts
I agree. This is something I just sent my kids. We have much to appreciate.

"We all have things in our lives we wish were better. And sometimes the problems come in bundles that wear us down to the point of hopelessness. But we have always made it through these periods and so will you. Many would take what we have in a heartbeat. We really don’t need for much. Many people have serious health issues they or a loved one is struggling with on a daily basis. That makes dealing with money issues seem minor. Many go hungry to the point of pain. We could get a rack of ribs tomorrow if we really wanted. We have a wonderful family and usually a significant other to share life with. Many are lonely. We have at least as much good as bad in our lives, so why not take some of the load off the mind and focus more on the good. The bad usually sorts it self out anyhow and in a year we wondered why we made all of the fuss over it. I believe it’s the difficulties in life that shape our character for the better and have made great people what they are. So when the next problem arises, I hope you’ll tell yourself that you will handle it and it may even be a blessing in disguise. At least for the holidays, let’s promise ourselves we will try harder to focus on the positive things in our lives. I plan to and I think you’ll be glad you did too."

·
Registered
236 Posts
I agree totally ,just wish everyone was like you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts