The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ruse of gun control

Obama and his gun control followers are acting under the cover of supposedly trying to stop gun violence. Really?...Why is it then that the current proposed gun control will mostly effect law abiding people Are we so naive to believe a criminal is concerned with obeying the law?...let's get real..let's wake up here. Rather than restrict law abiding citezens. Why is Obama not passing laws to prosecute those that assault with a deadly weapon?
I ask you how on earth does a man who murders his grandmother get out of prison to kill again?...How and why are those that violate a protection from abuse order..only get a slap on the wrist...How or why are you allowed back out of prison after committing a crime of assault with a deadly weapon?...We have so many missing and abducted children...Why are child molesters allowed to roam our streets?...Do they really want to curb violence?...Why not pass a law....We will hang you from the town square if you commit these crimes...No second chance...No media publicity...Commit a violent crime....die a violent death....simple as that.
But instead they will try to pass laws restricting average law abiding citizens.....somehow i can't help but to think this attack against our second amendment...is nothing but a ruse..a effort to disarm law abiding citezens under the disguise of public saftey.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Re: The ruse of gun control

There are many who believe the last line of this post to be true, I am among the many...

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

It may be worthy to note..i have never, nor will i ever own a automatic weapon ...not that i am against them. I am for the most part a traditional archery and muzzleloading enthusiast....But i see a real danger here to our second amendmant and the reason that our forefathers saw fit to include it in our constitution..The fact that we now have officials in our Gov't who do not share these same views...Is and should be a very real concern to every American citizen who stands for freedom.

·
Registered
277 Posts

I am also not an owner, but will stand beside those who are.
Those that think the govt will not come for their guns because they arent 'black long guns' better see the light in a hurry. NY is just the first domino to fall...

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I would advise every American citizen to research why the second amendment was placed in our constitution. You will not hear that from Many in our present Gov't..Rather you will find Them to be opposed to it. Obama wants free reign to do as he pleases in the white house. And will use these tragic events to accomplish this purpose. We must however maintain a Gov't "for the people and by the people"...if freedom is to prevail.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts

When th guns are gone so will this nation be gone. You can't fight for your rights when you have nothing to fight with.

·
Registered
277 Posts

Every time I hear a politician say "hunters dont need assault weapons to hunt" I want to scream!!! All the small game hunters, waterfowlers and shooting enthusiast had better take notice now...if not now, the knock will come at their doors and they will be asking for their semi's and it will be too late.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

"Regrettably, I believe we are going to see an incrementally based approach to seizing our guns on the part of the Obama administration. All totalitarian governments begin their invasion into civil liberties with the promise of safety from whoever plays the convenient role of the "bogeyman" of the day. Those who are screaming for the population to be disarmed do not realize that in seeking to prevent one kind of violence, they are unleashing a far more greater violence by allowing the government to have full control. This is a mistake that has been repeated throughout history.
How quickly we forget the lessons of history, or perhaps we never bothered to learn the true lessons of history in the first place. The Second Amendment was put into place precisely for the purpose of making sure that future Americans would not fall for the same mistake again. History shows that bad things happen when government confiscates the guns of its citizens. Where are our military men and woman who swore an oath to defend our Constitution foreign and domestic? Anyone including our president attempts to oppose our Second Amendment rights brands themselves as criminal traitors to the United States of America" A recent quote in the york daily record.

I believe Obama should be put on stand...either he is for us or against us..And either he is for the 2nd amendment and its intent....or he is against us.

·
Registered
25,728 Posts

"Gun Control" efforts that were intended to have some positive affect on such things as crime:

>The federal prohibition on select fire and other weapons (submachineguns, machine pistols, machine guns, etc):

Established in the 1930s in direct response to the acts of notorius criminals of that era and organized crime activies. Also set requirements for barrel length etc, to outlaw "sawed-off" rifles and shotguns.

You can still legally own such weapons, but ownership is tightly regulated by federal and state requirements. And they are also very expensive to buy/own.

Yet, criminals still find ways to procure them and use them, despite all the legal safeguards.

>Additional restrictions imposed in the mid to late 1960s, primarily as reactions to political assassinations and inner city riots in that era:

Background checks/waiting periods for handguns. Prohibitions on ownership of certain firearms in many cities/states. A ban on mail order firearms of any kind, but black powder arms. And other restrictions on the buying/selling of firearms.

But criminals in inner city areas can still procure all of the firearms they want, despite these added safeguards.

>AWB during the Clinton administration. Restrictions on certain firearms, features and accessories:

Made the antis feel good, but according to the FBI Uniform Crime statistics, did little/nothing to curtail firearms crime. Probably because the weapons regulated by the AWB, never figured prominently in crime stats to begin with?

Drove up the prices of preban firearms/accessories and only caused inconvenience to one group of people: Those who already owned such weapons and only used them lawfully.

Cities with the most stringent anti-firearms laws, also tend to be the cities with the highest rates of firearms-related crime.

As before, such restrictions caused little inconvenience for those who procured their firearms illegally (usually stolen from the lawful owners). Same for illegal drug use and lots of other human endeavors that laws attempt to control.

We've had "wars" on crime, poverty, drugs, illegal immigration and of course, assorted politically-driven "wars" on the private ownership of firearms.

I think it's time to declare "war" on those who are too stupid to comprehend that the Second Amendment means exactly what it says. So let it be and put some intelligent efforts into solving those other problems that we declared "war" on generations ago.

Because none of <span style="font-style: italic">them</span> seem to have succeeded yet.

·
Registered
277 Posts

Banning American citizens from certain things has worked out so well in the past...just look to Prohibition and the war on drugs...this war on guns will be sure to work...

·
Registered
6,910 Posts

ALL politicians say <span style="font-style: italic">we're headed for another fiscal cliff, unemployment is high, our econonmy stinks, taxes are going up, the debt ceiling might/might not be raised, govt can't pay it's bills without it, there could be a govt shutdown, entitlements will be cut, govt checks might not get mailed...things are really bad...Oh and by the way, dear citizens, give us your guns.</span>

Yep, I'll get right on that!

·
Registered
7,794 Posts

LLB said:
Bingo ^ we have a winner!
The big problem here is that we are trying to justfy our beliefs in something that WE ALL BELIEVE IN....No need for it here....The message needs to go out to the other side.

·
Registered
652 Posts

This is going to get bad. I encourge people to check out some of the videos on youtube concerning the sandy hook shooting and others. I find it hard to believe it isn't possible. Spend 30 mins, open your mind and watch a few of these.

·
Registered
869 Posts

I watched that video last night. It brought up a lot of good points. I remember the day it happened and the insane amount of mis-information, or mis-guided information if you will, and wondering how this could all change. While it does bring up many good questions, I still can't force myself to come to the conclusion that it was a complete coverup. If it was, then God help us all.

·
Registered
377 Posts

It's all a big fake wrestling show. We have never truly had a choice when it comes to voting for almost any position. Choices are placed in front of us. Either way we lose and the super rich win. They give you two choices while voting for a president. Two! They act like they don't get along and cheat everyone "below" them.
Why aren't Republicans doing anything to prevent this? They are part of the problem. Sure they will act like they are mad and act like they might try to pass a law that will do nothing.
The United States population is 311,591,917. They care about 20 kids? They are trying to figure out how to clear out more citizens because there's only so much food, oil, water to go around. Piers keeps comparing us to Britain. Texas and California alone have more people than Britain.
Tonight they said it on Piers Morgan. THIS IS THE FIRST STEP! They will create more ways to reduce your privacy. Requiring checks for ammo. Register your guns so they know exactly what you've got. Require things like finger printing. Then come the next steps.
If you are going to wake up. Wake all the way up.

·
Registered
377 Posts

Further more, if you want to control something. Control your own money. Why do insurance companies only cover something like $600. during something like a fire? To push people into keeping money in the banks. Then what happens if you remove $10,000. from an account at one time? The bank is required to contact the gov. Banks are paying something like .15% while they receive much larger percentages while loaning your money out. The are sheering the sheep. Get your money out of anything they can benefit from. Bury it in a forest if you have to. They are constantly trying to think of ways to trim a little more wool from your backs. Stop the upwards trickle from your pockets to the very rich.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts