1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
40,543 Posts
Good tunes!

A few facts from dc's almanac.......

The Stones first appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show on October 25, 1964

They did not perform any original songs on that night

The songs they performed were " Around and Around", a Chuck Berry song and " Time is on my Side" which was recorded in 1963 by Jazz Trombonist Kai Winding and his Orchestra.

Ed thought the Stones were an unkempt looking bunch and vowed to never have them back on the show. Plus, he didn't like the audience screaming when he was trying to introduce them. He appeared to be angry when he yelled, QUIET, at the crowd.

They appeared, on the show, 5 more times between then and 1969. Ed may not have liked **** and the boys but he did like money.

And that's the facts from dc's almanac!

·
4,295 Posts
Speaking of the Stones. It is probably just me but there is a commercial out there for the new <span style="font-weight: bold">kids</span> movie The Secret Life of Pets. The music playing over the commercial is Sympathy for the Devil, for some reason I find it wrong. That said, you wouldn't know what the song was about from the part they play.

Probably one of my all time favorite songs (thank you Dad) and I am glad to hear a snippet every time the commercial comes on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts