The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deer sausage for breakfast and deer burgers for lunch. It just doesn't get any better than this........All those days in the field paying off.

·
Super Moderator
12,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you have them at your place....I am still hungry....

·
Registered
645 Posts
How about some venison stroganoff right now, bought in a sampler tray of smoked sausage, ring bologna, summer sausage, sweet bologna and a variety of snack sticks and cheese for the guys at work today. Earlier this week I enjoyed some venison cheese steaks and I will finish the week off with a loin roast. For the Giants game Sunday i will be trying the backstrap popper reciepe posted in the wild game forum along with some regular "back strap jalapeno popper bites. Definately the rewards of hunting!

·
Registered
20,482 Posts
Plus, it was WAY more fun procuring meat in the woods than from the grocery store.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Thanks for the post. I now have a plan for tomorrow's dinner - elk steak salad!

Elk sirloin tips with lettuce, cukes, tomato, croutons and a sliced hard boiled egg topped off with french fries and Ranch dressing. If I could get a bottle of Straub Dark beer out here, it would be perfect.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
PHA said:
Thanks for the post. I now have a plan for tomorrow's dinner - elk steak salad!

Elk sirloin tips with lettuce, cukes, tomato, croutons and a sliced hard boiled egg topped off with french fries and Ranch dressing. If I could get a bottle of Straub Dark beer out here, it would be perfect.
You send me some elk steak Ill send you some Straub Dark

Win, Win!!!

·
Registered
594 Posts
mathewsarcher:

LOL. I would do that in a heartbeat but I don't think we could pull off that swap in a practical manner!

Last year I didn't have any whitetail meat and I really missed it. Whitetail backstraps and wild button mushrooms from PA - that is good stuff right there.

·
Registered
162 Posts
To me one of the biggest rewards of hunting is getting meat to eat that isn't shot(or fed) full of chemicals. I butcher my own kills for much the same reason, bad experiences with taking game to other butchers to process.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
PHA said:
mathewsarcher:

LOL. I would do that in a heartbeat but I don't think we could pull off that swap in a practical manner!

Last year I didn't have any whitetail meat and I really missed it. Whitetail backstraps and wild button mushrooms from PA - that is good stuff right there.

Why not? I slap your address on a case of beer and take it to UPS and you get some dry ice and throw it in a box with the elk steaks.

I first posted it as a joke but I think its do-able. Im in, if you are PM me.

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
Born2Hunt said:
Deer sausage for breakfast and deer burgers for lunch. It just doesn't get any better than this........All those days in the field paying off.
Man, you're killing me! No venison for only the second time in 29 years, and I'm REALLY missing it. (I do have to thank the son of a friend who gave me a couple packages.) Thanks Quait!

·
Banned
10,004 Posts
Yesterday's breakfast was deer sausage and eggs. Lunch was venison vegetable soup. Snacking most of the day on sweet sticks and beer bologna (venison, of course). Last evening was venison swiss steak with mashed potatoes. Dang, but life is good!

·
Super Moderator
4,388 Posts
muttleysback said:
Yesterday's breakfast was deer sausage and eggs. Lunch was venison vegetable soup. Snacking most of the day on sweet sticks and beer bologna (venison, of course). Last evening was venison swiss steak with mashed potatoes. Dang, but life is good!
Man, Muttley.......Your eating well these days....

What's on the menu for today???

·
Super Moderator
26,651 Posts
I think I'll go reward myself today.
What to make, what to make??

·
Banned
10,004 Posts
zumer said:
muttleysback said:
Man, Muttley.......Your eating well these days....

What's on the menu for today???
I'm thinking about doing your tenderloin with celery and mushroom soup, Zumer. Want me to save you a place at the table?

·
Banned
10,004 Posts
Whoops. I got overruled by the W 1 FE unit. The main course today will be sauerkraut w/ pork roast. Bring back New Years Day.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts