The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today at 7 am I texted my wife to tell her my location and to not worry (I'm 70 years old). She said she prayed for a deer for me. Since I already have a doe in the freezer from bow season I told her "Thanks, but what ever happens, happens". Her reply: "Oh you of little faith!" I just laughed. Later on a young fellow who was hunting the hillside behind me shot a small doe. I was happy for him as he dragged it out. Three hours latter I hear 2 close-by shots, just over a ridge between me and started looking for any does that might swing back my way. 2 minutes passed and nothing. Then I saw a flash of brown coming down the hill in the direction of those shots. When I found him in my scope, all I could see was antlers! He was being extremely cautious and looking for his "ladies". I quickly put the cross hairs on him and squeezed. He dropped like a pile of rocks, right in the "boiler room" as they say. 8 Pts. and he stank of musk! Tikka T3 L in .243 shooting Winchester Extreme Points 95 gr. Redfield scope. GPS put it at an 80 yd. shot. It was the first buck in nine years. Last one I took was a 9 ptr. from the same SGL.
Never doubt the power of prayer!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
24,043 Posts
Nice buck congrats!!
Great read too!

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Good shot Sojourner. Congrats!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts