The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.rocket-courier.com/news/2012-...o_Be_Heard.html

We are the 99 percent of Dimock Township,” said one resident who met with this reporter recently, joining a half dozen other individuals who are weary of the bad press their township is getting and the ugly face of the gas drilling industry in their area that has been presented to the country at large.

“I live very near a well. I have visitors pulling into my driveway all the time,” added another resident. “Just recently, a man from New York state stopped with a relative who came from Idaho. They wanted to see the ‘devastation,’ they said. I told them, look around, do you see devastation?”

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
good article....funny how the press doesnt want to hear there side....doesnt sell as many papers as the negative crap.
when you have all theese people saying you could lite the water up clear back in the 60's and everyone around there new that???????? interesting

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
The media reports what sells. They have effectively beaten both sides of this topic to death to get the desired shock value. Honestly, who would want to read reasonable, logical reports with the emotion removed? As is usually the case, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Caution, OPINION ONLY

Being involved with this industry and knowing the regulatory agency and company involved, it is my opinion, that Dimick was an over reaction by an inexperienced group of inspectors in that area and agency attorneys at the highest level that needed to DO SOMETHING because of all the reporters spreading bad/false information. In my opinion, a mistake, and now you will never get anyone to admit it.
There probably was some disturbance of water supplies while drilling through the aquifers but no poisons or toxic substances are left to ruin these wells and no leaking continues to this day. What these companies did was brought attention to the shallow methane issue and a handfull of homeowners are keeping this issue alive because it is their cause célèbre.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
And very potentially lucrative - read that as the big payoff $$$.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
when the majority of your nieghbors say the gas has been there for years, when they are trying to get the attention of the press to let them know that dimick is not a disater area, but rather has the same water it has always had ?????

really makes it look bad for the few involved in the big lawsuit. one can't help but wonder if this isnt all about lawsuit money ? of course you have to keep in mind they have a strong ANTI GAS support group willing to fund any thing that will keep the negatives in the press.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts