The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 417 Posts

·
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a couple of new posts on the 2015 thread so I figured it was time to kick off 2016.

This thread is for discussing day to day Bucco talk; the good, the bad, and the ugly.

We make predictions before the season starts, we discuss players perfomance, and we root for our Buccos.

I am looking forward to another great year of Bucco talk here on HPA!

Mods feel free to delete or close the 2015 thread.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Anybody else watching the home opener?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Yep!
Now if Melancon doesn't blow it we're off to a good start

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Melancon looked shaky... First game W-

Ill take it.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
WexfordBowhunter said:
Yeah, Melancon will make you nuts some days. He'll come around though. Nice to see a win against the Card's ace.
Yep. I think they learned the price of dropping all those April games last year. Win 3 games early, and the Cards would have been facing Arietta in a one game playoff.

·
Registered
20,482 Posts
WexfordBowhunter said:
Yeah, Melancon will make you nuts some days. He'll come around though. Nice to see a win against the Card's ace.
Yeah, this. Melancon doesn't do it the easy way.

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
Really nice start aside from Melancon.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Based on these comments, you would have thought the Bucs desperately needed to make an effort to get MLB's best closer of 2015. Oh wait, he already wears black and gold...

It's a long season and every player will run into a few bumps along the way. It's also well known that virtually all closers tend to struggle a bit when they come in to throw in a non-save situation. The important part is that he gets the job done, and Melancon is one of the best in making that happen.

I'll be pretty bummed if tonight's game is not on MLB network, since Root is broadcasting some type of figure skating competition tonight.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
2 and 0
Only 160 to go
Side note Neal Walker's first hit 2 run Homer
Mets win 2-0

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
I didn't see any of the game, and heard very little but sounds like some sloppy play and battling bull pens made for a good game.

I hate that we traded Walker.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
People must have forgotten that Melancon had a bad start last year. His velocity was way down and critics were up and arms about it. I think maybe he turned out alright.

1 - 20 of 417 Posts