The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Typically, oil and gas producers lease the mineral rights attached to properties where they want to drill for an upfront payment and a pledge to pay the owner a royalty, often around 15%, from proceeds of the extracted oil and gas. Chesapeake and KKR will seek to buy those mineral rights instead of leasing them, people familiar with the matter earlier told the Wall Street Journal.

http://www.smartmoney.com/news/on/?story=on-20120306-000112&cid=1244&source=TheMotleyFool

·
Registered
24,754 Posts
I wonder what price per acre is going to be when leased rights going for 1500 to 6K and reports of higher leases across the US?

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see some people buying or attempting to buy rights in Wyoming Co. In the penny saver there is an ad asking if you would want your money up front instead of waiting on royalties. Just sell the rights for X number of $

Now for some older folks that already leased and the royalties are slow to show up in volumes that make a difference this can be the way to have your cake and eat it.

If gas companies can't survive and prosper off 80% of the gas I don't think getting the other 20% is going to make them much happier. Unless they get it on the cheap. Who better to know about how much over time it will be worth and try to get it with a low ball offer. Waugh!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts