The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
32,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh boy, this is a classic for sure!
What we have here is entertainment. You can fool yourself into thinking this movie that was made in 1980 is something more, but you'll be greatly disappointed.
Charlton Heston and Brian Keith play a couple of trappers in 1838, which was just about the end of the golden age of beaver trapping because somebody came up with the bright idea of putting felt on stovepipe hats instead of sheared beaver hides.
The ****** belong to a tribe called "Blackfeet" which is apparently made up of German ******, Polish ******, Italian ******, and even some Mexican ******, but don't look for any actual 'Native American Indians, First Nation Peoples', or any of that repple depple, cause times were different in 1980.
We also get to see Miss Running Moon the Indian Maiden, played by Victoria Racimo, a New York City born Puerto Rican actress who doesn't look very much like an Indian or an *****, and doesn't show any leg or her chesticles but she has a face that's not hard on the eyes at all.
Heston and Keith dont seem to do much trapping at all but that's understandable when ****** seem to rise up out of brush piles or leap down from trees just about every thirty feet when the guys are traveling. Apparently the ****** get their groceries at Piggly Wiggly cause they're never seen hunting or fishing, but that's okay, it gives them more time to hide in the bushes and wait for the chance to attack Charlton Heston and Brian Keith.
This is a fun movie to watch and I recommend that you setup up ahead of time with cheap beer and the popcorn that sells for $2.00 for a bag full that's bigger than your pillow and can be used to snack on, or to throw at the screen.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Really neat "haircut" Keith got when they thought he was dead too!

You are 100% right! One of the greatest movies you'll ever see, right up there with Jeremiah Johnson, and Quigley Down Under. I have it on my cable recorder so I can watch it again and again. Great review!

Reactions: joe8768

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
This is a fun movie to watch
Watched it last night on Tubi, and enjoyed it even without the popcorn and cheap beer.

York City born Puerto Rican actress who doesn't look very much like an Indian or an *, and doesn't show any leg or her chesticles but she has a face that's not hard on the eyes at all.
Yeah, leg or chesticles would have helped. Are the "*" computer-generated?

Reactions: DIYASUB
1 - 9 of 9 Posts