The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Masters started a little while ago, any golf fans?

Tiger is out this year, he hasn't been nearly as good since all of that "stuff" went on with him a few years ago.

McIlroy is my pick to win.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Im watching. Every time I watch golf I remember the time myself, my brother-in-law and my dad all went golfing. Now me an my BIL have been golfing since we were kids, atleast 12 years each under our belts.
We get to the 1st tee off box, we both hit the ball around 200+ yards. My dad gets up to take his tee shot and barely hits his ball past the ladys tee box. He takes his club, shoves it back in his bag and says, "I'm driving today", he doesnt play another hole.

·
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is funny. I only gave up once on the course and that was because I hurt my back.

I am by no means a good or even ok golfer and because of that I can tell some stories that would make some people beg me to quit the game. Despite my inability I still go out, I still have fun, and still enjoy the game.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
For a 'relaxing' sport, it def puts guys on edge. Stories of guys breaking their clubs, throwing their driver in the lake, throwing their clubs in the garbage can. I could go on all day.

One benefit I had was growing up next to a popular golf course, the guys who werent that good and hit balls in the woods, those would be the ones I used to pickup and use for myself.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I'm a fan will be watching all weekend, I especially like the masters. I'm in no means a good golfer just started recently but I don't get all worked up when i screw but know people who do, friend threw an expensive club into a tree. Mcilroy is a good pick, I think Adam Scott has a good chance to win again.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Bubba Watson is my pick. My sentimental pick is Freddie Couples. The wife would kill me if I didn't throw Phil in there as well.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
I might watch the final round on Sunday. It's supporsed to be a beautiful day, so I may go for a long walk in the woods instead.

As for golf being relaxing... I never swore until I started playing golf. Hitting that little white ball into a little hole in the ground may be one of the most frustrating sports ever invented.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
My sentimental pick is Freddie Couples

Hitting that little white ball into a little hole in the ground may be one of the most frustrating sports ever invented.

I completely agree with both these statements

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
McIlroy really dropped the ball (no pun intended). Watson was really in control today especially the back nine. Would love to see Couples or Furyk make a run. We'll see what tomorrow (moving day) has in store.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Should be an interesting final round. Bubba has the length for Augusta, but from what I heard, his putter left him today. There are probably 17 guys in the hunt for tomorrow. Go out early, post a number, and see what happens.

·
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Watson taking two out of the last three, that is pretty impressive.

McIlroy was a bust this year and Mickelson didn't even make the cut.

I didn't watch much of it and I didn't watch any of the final round but it was cool to see a bunch of guys I've never heard of making a name for them selves.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts