The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To add to the list of "firsts" for the year, good ole' RIGG-A-MORTIS shot this mute as it decoyed into our field Honker spread. Came all the way in looking to sit right in the pocket in our bean field on Saturday morning, and while we all sat there arguing in the blind about whether or not it was a mute, Cory had heard enough discussion. Just before it was too late Cory made a fantastic shot on this mute as it was looking to bail. The thing folded stone dead at about 45 yards, never seen anything like it. I anticipate there to be some discussion surrounding whether or not a Mute will hit the fields to feed with Canadas.. well my mind is made up on that.

Couple of our last goose hunts from the year...

Happy to have had the opportunity to get in some fine shoots with some fine people.

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
I nominate Rigg for HPA's Waterfowler of the Year Award!
Pretty amazing for one man to kill these different birds in the same year.
Well Done.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I'll nominate him just for the shot he made while sitting next to me. His Stoeger's broken bolt rendered the gun a 1-shot wonder most of the morning. He folded that thing at a solid 45 yards stone cold dead.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
b0whunter1987 said:
Yes Congrats on one heck of a season! What's next? A neck collared double banded GPS snow goose? Haha
Hahaha I hope so! Either that or a banded Gobbler.

Goosehunter said:
Well Done.
Haha I'm sure he'll appreciate the nomination! He has certainly had an interesting year.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
DrakesOnly said:
b0whunter1987 said:
Yes Congrats on one heck of a season! What's next? A neck collared double banded GPS snow goose? Haha
Hahaha I hope so! Either that or a banded Gobbler.

Or a triple bearded Gobbler

Goosehunter said:
Well Done.
Haha I'm sure he'll appreciate the nomination! He has certainly had an interesting year.

OR A TRIPLE BEARDED GOBBLER

·
Banned
208 Posts
Well boys, it was definitely an Awesome season. Not just for myself, but for our crew in general. Haha, waterfowler of the year award, now that's pretty funny. Now if I shoot a banded, triple bearded gobbler this spring, I'm gonna start getting freaked the F out! Thanks for the kind words gentleman.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Nice hunts, brother! That swan is a beast!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks man. Haha yeah and that's a juvie! We killed some a few years back that dwarfed that.

·
Banned
208 Posts
Drakes speaks the truth. Our crews dispatched nearly a doz. of these rodents, and this guy was by far the smallest. The way this bird was killed though, made it awesome. Here's a few from a couple years back. As a size comparison I'm 6'3.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Alright if this is gonna be about swans I am going to re-post a few more kills.

and finally DrakesOnly with the results of a spring time eradication mission before trout fishing.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Trout 2003 said:
No eye patch.......Doesn't count!!
It's rare that I physically laugh at something somebody says on HPA but this is a great comment.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
RIGG-A-MORTIS said:
Drakes speaks the truth. Our crews dispatched nearly a doz. of these rodents, and this guy was by far the smallest. The way this bird was killed though, made it awesome. Here's a few from a couple years back. As a size comparison I'm 6'3.
The [censored] with the eye patch......SWEET pajama bottoms!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts