The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was woundering if anyone had the taurus judge any info on it i am thinking about getting one to carry and would like to know how people like them?

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
They seem to be a decent gun,but they are too big for everyday carry.For the money you will spend on this you can buy a nice semi or even a sweet 357/38/44spcl that will carry much nicer.THIS IS MY OPINION ONLY....

·
Registered
846 Posts
I agree with 10der222. I had one, and sold one -shot it 4 times. I had the ultralight - light enough, but it's just too much for concealed, or even open, carry. A full size 1911 is much slimmer and more concealable.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I Agree , its a nice gun to have BUT not to carry , with that money you can buy a small semi to carry like the Glock model#27 in 40 cal which has plenty of firepower.My stepson has a Judge so I fired it and tried it on for size but went with the Glock and I am very happy with it
Tom

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
They had two in the gunshop when I bought my GP100, and the owner and I talked about the judge a bit. He got my opinion before he gave his as he obviously don't want to turn anybody away from any sale. His thought was that it is pretty much a gimmick. Not really good for anything. He said it would be alright for a camp gun, but that's about it. Might be alright to keep in the nightstand.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Agree with what has been already said.
Its more of a home protection gun. The size doesnt make it a very good carry gun. Cousion has one, never shot it but have handeled it. Nothing bad to report other then the size if your going to carry it.
Watching the commercials they have, its a nice gun to put a hurting on something quickly!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I carry mine when I run the dogs on rabbits. I've shot quite a few with it, but they have to be VERY close.

But I wouldn't have bought it for a carry gun.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the magnum judge 3"chamber 3" barrel I carry mine when fishing. Its no long range gun but for close up it does fine. I carry 3 shotshells followed by 2 45 colts. I also have the 3" buckshot for it for home defense because of living in an apt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts