The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I've noticed several threads about the NBC news report stating 4 hand guns were used and I've seen several posts related to the issue as well as debates , etc. I have not (an could have overlooked) and comments or discussions related to the Presidents gun control speech and this issue.

As I listened to the speech, the first thing that instantly caught my attention was the the absence of any mention of Sandy Hook and "assault weapons". The only mention was Aurora, Co. Now, if "assault weapons" were truly used in Conn., would it not make sense that BOTH were noted in the speech and that it would be hammered that the same weapons were used in both cases?

With that being said, any debate or proof in my mind that is needed to show that their was NOT an "assault weapon" used in Conn. is plainly evident by its exclusion in the President's speech. The Pres can't blatantly lie in a press conference (LOL) and the excerpt that highlights this is pasted below and the transcript of the full speech is available everywhere in case someone wants to cross check against the excerpt.

I am curious to know if anyone else noticed this omission in the speech and their thoughts? I sure would have thought that BOTH would be referenced (if it was true)..

EDIT: In case anyone is wondering, nowhere in the speech is Conn. and "Assault Rifle", Bushmaster, military style weapon, etc, ever referenced as being related...

<span style="font-weight: bold">"Second: Congress should restore a ban on military-style assault weapons, and a 10-round limit for magazines. (Applause.) <span style="text-decoration: underline">The type of assault rifle used in Aurora, for example, when paired with high-capacity magazines, has one purpose -- to pump out as many bullets as possible, as quickly as possible; to do as much</span> damage, using bullets often designed to inflict maximum damage.

And that's what allowed the gunman in Aurora to shoot 70 people -- 70 people -- killing 12 in a matter of minutes. Weapons designed for the theater of war have no place in a movie theater. A majority of Americans agree with us on this"
</span>

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
He has to start somewhere. He has had an anti gun stance since he was a congessman. He also told a woman from the anti gun crowd, ( We cant do anything now we have to try and sneak something in the round about way.) That was before connecticut. Make no mistake he has a gun agenda in place long before connecticut. Now he teoops out some kids ( disgusting in the least) to further his AGENDA. Whether I agree with you is not the question. Makes you wonder why when ever there is talk about going over a fiscal cliff he always has the same answer. Congress you know this is going to delay Social Security checks ,retired military pensions and Medicare payments. Not his paycheck or any other government check The 2nd amendment states the right to keep and bear arms. You dont want one ,dont buy one. Just dont try to tell me what to buy with my money. This is not directed to anyone in particular.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Its been over a month and we are just now finding out what guns(s) were found!
That should throw a flag up right there!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I've become increasingly skeptical recently, but I made the original post simply because I found it very odd that the most recent development which prompted the press conference was not even mentioned. I guess in my mind, I have a hard time understanding why the Conn. incident would not have been front and center as an example (in addition to CO) and used to bolster and make the argument...i.e 'these guns were used in the 2 most recent mass shootings' or something along those lines.

All I am saying is that I find it intriguing that Sandy Hook was not mentioned as a reason for the "assault weapons" ban but CO was. We all have our opinions, which I respect, I just have a hard time grasping why Sandy Hook was omitted from the speech.

And I realize the Conn. SP just released which guns were found, but I still find it odd that it took 1 month, and it came after the speech in which it was omitted....Just sayin..

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Since about day 3 it has been reported by the media as an AR rifle , Sig 9mm pistol, Glock 10mm pistol and shotgun in vehicle. I remember the Glock 10mm clearly since I own one
and was surprised to hear this since it's a pretty uncommon cartridge adn expected this to be incorrect information.

This is a homicide investigation, do you expect the police to share every detail on their facebook page?

Gino

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
>And I realize the Conn. SP just released which guns were found, but I still find it odd that it took 1 month, and it came after the speech in which it was omitted....Just sayin..

The state of CT press release about the firearms came out Jan 18th, three days before the great ones speech today. Just sayin.

Gino

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not talking about the Inauguration Speech, The Presidents Speech on Gun control was on January 16th.

Edited July to January because I was thinking of summer..LOL

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And again, my point is that if the Sandy Hook shooting was the final catalyst needed for all that has happened recently, why was it not referred to in the speech and ONLY Colorado was mentioned. Just seems odd, doesn't it? To not correlate the Assault Weapons to BOTH Colorado AND Sandy Hook? Should have been a slam dunk....but no mention of it.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
There is a fine line between exploiting a tragedy and appearing to exploit a tragedy.

Bring up Aurora and assault weapons brought up Sandy Hook as well without appearing to exploit it. It was a well played political move.

Gino

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
WV Gino Home said:
This is a homicide investigation, do you expect the police to share every detail on their facebook page?
Yeah off the cuff you would think that this would be a fairly easy "open & shut" case being preplanned and all, but I imagine there were unexpected angles that needed to be buttoned up and that is why there are sooooo many conflicting reports and official reports still being made over a month later.....

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Tracker said:
WV Gino Home said:
Yeah off the cuff you would think that this would be a fairly easy "open & shut" case being preplanned and all, but I imagine there were unexpected angles that needed to be buttoned up and that is why there are sooooo many conflicting reports and official reports still being made over a month later.....
But the thing that gets me is that literally withing days of the Aurora shooting, the media had a full blown diagram of everything that the shooter had, right down the the exact number of shells. The listed his tactical helmet, gas mask, tactical vest, tactical pants, combat boots, tear gas canisters, 2 handguns with 100s of rounds of ammo for them, the AR rifle with the 100 round drum magazine and 100s of rounds of ammo for it, the 870 "tactical" shotgun with 100s of rounds of ammo for it. Never mind that he didn't have all of that ammo with him, a lot of it was left at his home, but it makes for a better story to make it appear that he had 1000s of rounds of ammo on him and "it could have been so much worse".

We learned all about his mental health in the weeks after it, comments from friends and fellow students, medications that he was on, etc.

They were talking to witnesses immediately and they were giving their accounts of what they saw and heard.

Then we had Sandy Hook. Conflicting reports right from the get go. To this day, a month later, there has not been 100% confirmation as to exactly what guns he had and which ones he used.

We have no idea what he was wearing or what other equipment he may have had with him.

We haven't heard from any witnesses that were actually in the school and got out.

We still have no idea exactly what his mental health background was, what medications he was on, etc.

None of his family or friends have talked about anything.

The main narrative all along has been that he used AN AR 15 ASSAULT RIFLE WITH HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINES AND 100s OF ROUNDS OF AMMO TO KILL 20 CHILDREN AND 6 ADULTS AND THAT THESE WEAPONS NEED TO BE OUTLAWED.

I'm sorry but IMO, the media and the WH are only focusing on the weapon used to push their agenda and remaining mum and unconcerned with the events that led to this tragedy.

There is one thing that I am sure of-the gun didn't possess his mind and force him to shoot anyone...

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
>But the thing that gets me is that literally withing days of the Aurora shooting, the media had a full blown diagram of everything that the shooter had, right down the the exact number of shells.

I am calling BS on the number of shells comment you just made but you are free to back it up with a link to a news article stating the number of shells found within days. The Aurora shooting took place July 20th, 2012 and the number and type of casings found at the scene was not made public until Jan, 7th, 2013(almost 6 months later) at alledged shooters preliminary hearing.

>Conflicting reports right from the get go.
It's my first hand experience that the the media gets all reporting about 50% wrong.

>To this day, a month later, there has not been 100% confirmation as to exactly what guns he had and which ones he used.
Friday the state of CT issued a press release detailing what guns were found in the school and what was found in the vechicle believed to be driven by the shooter.

>We learned all about his mental health in the weeks after it, comments from friends and fellow students, medications that he was on, etc.

To this day one of the Colombine kids medical records have not been made public. There were a few former students of the CT shooter that come forward initially but mostly to say that he had almost no interaction with other students. He was pulled from high school when he was 16 and home schooled.

>We haven't heard from any witnesses that were actually in the school and got out.
Sounded like a zero/one situation. The people he encounterd ended up dead and those that never saw him were the ones that got out.

>None of his family or friends have talked about anything.
As far as I can tell this guy had no friends. Friends/family of the mother
have mentioned the mother was in the process of having him committed against his will.

>I'm sorry but IMO, the media and the WH are only focusing on the weapon used to push their agenda and remaining mum and unconcerned with the events that led to this tragedy.

Agreed.

Gino

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Here you go Gino. 6 days after the shootings, they knew EVERY SINGLE piece of equipment that he had with him AND how much it cost him to purchase them.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I just kinda glazed over and I'm merely posting based on the subject of this thread, but ....The AR was left in the car, and he did his dirty with handguns, but the Regime will continue to use this example to push his agenda.

It's no different than some woman that was denied cancer treatments and died and the Regime will cite this example as to why we need universal health care. Did that woman even exist? No one questions it, esp in the drive by media.

No offense to the poster, but this thread has been done already, many times. 3% of all gun crimes in the US are with rifles, OF ANY KIND. This is just about disarming the public to neuter us....just in case we got a little unruly about being taxed to death.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts