The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I sure hope we get to gut him this year, not sure how we will get him out though.
If I shoot him, I will let you gut him just to keep you happy, Joe. :ROFLMAO: Not sure how we'll get him out either but we'll cross that bridge if we come to it. The last Booner I shot it took 8 guys to get him out and loaded. Cost me about $5000 in beer :cool:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
That a big bear! Look at the head on it! I'd definitely be packing it out of that area. A couple guys with some decent packs would make it a decent pack out. I definitely wouldn't be bringing it out whole. Good luck!

·
Registered
30,122 Posts
from what i have read Tbrom sets his goals high. that bear is below his standards but if he wants, i'll be glad to take it :) (i just like to help)

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That a big bear! Look at the head on it! I'd definitely be packing it out of that area. A couple guys with some decent packs would make it a decent pack out. I definitely wouldn't be bringing it out whole. Good luck!
"IF" he returns. I think we have a legitimate chance of killing him. If that happens, I want to bring him out whole to get an official recorded weight. If he starts showing up on the cameras, I'm going to have everything in place with the PGC including a kill site investigation. I have no idea what he will score but he's a dandy of a PA black bear specimen and deserves to be treated as such. The archery state record is a full inch less than the firearms. The last PA booner bear that I arrowed was all over Facebook as having been shot over bait before I even returned from the check station. And the pictures that accompanied the post weren't even of the bear that I killed. Fortunately, I'm an acquaintance of many of the WCO's around here and they helped squelch the lies. That will never happen to me again.

1 - 20 of 162 Posts