The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We should have them by the weekend. I'm almost sure I've contacted everyone that wanted one. If I missed you please give me a call or send a P.M. and I'll be sure to try to get one for you.

·
Registered
18,625 Posts
Oh boy.... There is gonna be some serious range time put in across this country when these things start shipping. I am not sure I have seen a more anticipated crossbow product hit the street.

Arrowhead, I am sure you will put one through its paces. Let us know your impressions when you get some range time.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Thanks Mike for getting me all set up with the XB-30, arrows , broadheads, ect. The scope is great. I had a chance to sight it in today and i love it.
It was worth the 1 1/2 hour drive and you now have a customer for life.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
currdog, I've got one left.
Thanks for the kind words nontypical1. We appreciate your business.

I had the chance to shoot one on Saturday afternoon. The optics are extremely clear. I set the f.p.s. on the dial and it was spot on at 20-30-40. I didn't check it at 50 because it was only shooting 225 f.p.s. It comes with the lighted crosshairs in red or green. They dial down low enough so as not to "merge" as it gets dark out. I don't like the factory scope covers, but that can be fixed with some Butler Creek flip ups.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The XB30 has a lot of potential for certain bows, but it does not work out on the Strykeforce. I mean it does work but you don't get 20-30-40-50 etc. Also, the lines are so close it's imposssible to be truly accurate.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Trader, Just wondering if you were to cut the speed ring to half the Strykeforce's speed....could you use the crosshairs for 20,40,60 ? You might not be able to cut it in half, but maybe dial it in?

That was my plan for the Cyclone if the 20,30,40 doesn't work out. My Cyclone is shooting 364 f.p.s. right now and I'm not sure how the XB is going to work out for it.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
The XB30 might just be the scope to buy if you NEVER want to ever have to buy another scope for a crossbow. I have only had it one day and it seems that good.

·
Registered
207 Posts
whats the big diff between the xb30 and the sr? from what i see u dont need the software to set up ranges with xb30.just dial speed and shoot. the sr i just punch in my speed in software and the ranges are listed for me to print out.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Biggest difference is in the optics. The XB-30 uses a whiter, cleaner glass. It is also coated differently. The XB is so much brighter that it's almost in a different league (think Leupold) from all the other crossbow optics out there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts