The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had many many trips where we shot plenty of rabbits and they were all great but a few days ago I had the best hunt ever and I only came home with one. My pup chase has been running at the club for about two months now and I was dying to get him on his first real hunt. He started sniffing like crazy so I knew a rabbit was in the area. Into the brush he went and he opened up. Next thing you know he let loose and I got ready. The moment I've been waiting for for years and here I was, I couldn't miss. The rabbit bust out of the briars and headed through the woods. The first shot was just behind him and he kept going. In my head I know I only have one more shot in the double barrell 410. I took aim and the last shot hit true. Chase's first rabbit ever was in the bag and I couldn't have been prouder. At only 6 months old I know we'll have plenty of.memories yet to be made but none will ever top this one

·
Banned
340 Posts
Nice job love having the pups out I also have a 6 month old almost 7 now out this season. Sure is fun to see how they turn into a whole new dog after a few shot over them.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Beagler410 said:
Nice job love having the pups out I also have a 6 month old almost 7 now out this season. Sure is fun to see how they turn into a whole new dog after a few shot over them.
You're not kidding. That was the first time he ever got his mouth on a real rabbit and he was all business after that. I was squeezing himself into every opening he could fit himself into. I loved watching him climb on top of a log pile and squeeze his way stright down through and come out the bottom.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts