The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,842 Posts
Dropped mine in at P.O. at noon. I think I remembered to sign ck plus extra stamp on inside for return?:confused:

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Some traditions die hard. I wait until the 3rd round and then put all 3 applications in one envelope. Simplifies things tremendously. Has anyone been denied an antlerless license in PA over the past 10 years?

·
Registered
25,487 Posts
I ain't worried. Have an unused tag from last year and the Deps in my area are so old, they can hardly see good enough to read these days. Although the Game Warden is just a pup? He stopped by last season, so odds are, I likely won't see him again this year?

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
16,958 Posts
Some traditions die hard. I wait until the 3rd round and then put all 3 applications in one envelope. Simplifies things tremendously. Has anyone been denied an antlerless license in PA over the past 10 years?
i was denied a second round tag for 1 B, 2 years ago. i mailed it in on Friday to get there for Monday. my buddy mailed his in on Monday. his was awarded on Wednesday and my was rejected on Wednesday due to being sold out, i actually got it back on Thursday of the same week. that delivery schedule is impossible.
i think they just counted the apps in the mail bag and rejected the rest all on Monday in order for it to get back to me on Thursday. even that doesnt make sense as he mailed his in on Monday.

ever since then i mail my second round apps to a different treasurer with a better reputation.

·
Registered
20,461 Posts
put mine out this morning too ... can't believe I'm still writing checks, filling out applications, and stuffing them in a special pink envelope :rolleyes:
put mine out this morning too ... can't believe I'm still writing checks, filling out applications, and stuffing them in a special pink envelope :rolleyes:
Yep. We're partying like it's 1959!

·
Super Moderator
13,705 Posts
So why is the License $6.90. Why don't they just make it $7.00 ?

I don't think many hunters would complain, and it could add ~$70K to whoever gets the $$$$
Five dollars of the $6.90 goes to the Game Commission with two dollars of that five being ear marked as having to be used for habitat work. One dollar of the $6.90 goes to the issuing agent, which in this case will be the County Treasurer processing the application. The remaining 90 cents goes to the PALs contractor.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Super Moderator
13,705 Posts
Has anyone been denied an antlerless license in PA over the past 10 years?
Yes, nearly every year as a matter of fact.

In 2011, 2013, 2014 & 2015 some units sold out while residents were still applying and before any non-resident could apply.

In 2016, 2018 and 2019 as many as four units sold out on the first day of non-resident sales which means some non-residents couldn't get one for the WMU they hunt.

Sure they could apply to and get one for another unit, one where they had no desire to hunt. That isn't a very appealing option for most hunters.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is my first year applying for the PA Elk lotto (donation), I filled out the required info online and paid my $13, then on July 13th I got the pink envelope.
What am I supposed to do with the pink envelope?

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
This is my first year applying for the PA Elk lotto (donation), I filled out the required info online and paid my $13, then on July 13th I got the pink envelope.
Maybe it would make a good chowder.

·
Premium Member
23,842 Posts
Pretty sure ASPIRA sends out Pinks along with Digest with any purchase. I bought 2 DMAPS(nothing else) and they sent 2 Pinks along with Digest.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts