The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
And now the government passes new laws that will make it even more expensive to drill. What do the anti's say? "Don't worry the gas is here, they won't go anywhere."

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
You aren't serious, are you? You are the insider here, you do know that with the huge decline in prices that it is no longer worthwhile drilling for gas.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
They must have moved them to my part of Washington County, There Drilling everywhere, and signing big leases.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Passed a slew of water haulers heading to a well fracking operation south of Renovo yesterday. New connecting line from the well just connected. Frack wagons sitting on another pad. All numbers of white pickups running around. With the warmer weather, looks like things are heating up again (pun intended).

Whether it will continue, who knows.

Did talk to someone in the permitting business recently and he did say that permitting has slowed.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
New permits for Bradford County, showing 2011 comparison.

Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Total
2011 48 47 34 54 60 91 63 106 53 44 40 49 689
2012 30 34 23 85

85 is the total for 2012, got the chart squared away , but when I post it, it gets miss aligned ?

Things are certainly slowing down. The price of NG is at a 10 year low, which is certainly the driving factor. The "Impact Fee", will raise the break even point of drilling a well, which will also have some effect on the amount of rigs , and completions crews working here.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I thought they are still drillin wet gas out west since they can sell other products from it and its more profitable. Dry gas dried up with price drop.... supply demand...we got lots of supply, and demand on winter like this is low...economics 101.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Yep, that is correct about the wet gas. PA/Ohio line area. Also agree with your economics 101 .....

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They are having a hard time here keeping the flow under or around 7lbs and gas companies are having to improve lines.

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
1trueamerican said:
And now the government passes new laws that will make it even more expensive to drill. What do the anti's say? "Don't worry the gas is here, they won't go anywhere."
LOL I guess it ahs noting to do with supply and demand?

·
Registered
25,487 Posts
Pipelines are still going in up in Tioga County and I'm still seeing tankers on the road between camp and over towards Lawrenceville, yesterday on the way home. I believe some sort of water treatment plant is being built, or may already be in operation, over that way?

Local drilling activities nearer camp, are at a standstill for the time being. Probably due to the lack of connector pipelines in the area and the low market price for NG?

One house down the valley that had been occupied by gas workers for the past three years, is now up for rent. Cousin said they've moved on to a more active area for the time being and will probably be back some day?

These guys bought the house and the little adjacent trailer park, btw. They also upgraded the septic system, so several more trailer "pads" were added and are also for rent there. The sign says RV and mobile home sites for rent.

That entire area now looks better than it ever did, under the ol' buzzard that had owned it for the past 50 years. Existing trailer sites look better; All the old junk (tractors, cars and trucks) sitting around is now gone and the new driveways/pads are much better than the old ones.

The original owner had "lost" about half the original mobilehome sites in the past 10 years, due to a poorly-functioning septic system. Now all those lost sites have been restored and are for rent: New well, all new septic system installed by the "gas guys".

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
They will be back next year............we had some work get delayed because they moved out to Ohio, but they guaranteed that they would be back within the next year to finish up what they have started, and the other contracts that we had been awarded....

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
TusseyMtMan said:
UTICA SHALE. The latest energy boom. We have seen the peak of the Marcellus boom.
I believe you may be right. While the gas play will be here for many years to come, and the Utica is under us as well, so NG developement will probly be here longer than any of us. I believe we may have seen the "peak", but from this point on it will still be a good benefit for this state....a lot of jobs, royalitys etc..etc.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
buzz said:
TusseyMtMan said:
UTICA SHALE. The latest energy boom. We have seen the peak of the Marcellus boom.
I believe you may be right. While the gas play will be here for many years to come, and the Utica is under us as well, so NG developement will probly be here longer than any of us. I believe we may have seen the "peak", but from this point on it will still be a good benefit for this state....a lot of jobs, royalitys etc..etc.
The only way that we will have seen the peak is if the prices for dry gas stay low..........however I suspect that after a year or so of not drilling in the marcellus, the demand will be back up, as will price......they just flooded the market......

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
The market is flooded, storage capacity will be full. They can't even turn on all the wells that are currently drilled.
While all this is happening.....they are still drilling and producing gas in the "wet gas" plays.

There is nothing on the imidiate horizon that is going to change things. They will bring more rigs back some day, they will finish drilling this play. But for another "rush" to happen....there needs to be some "Major" use of NG happening. As I said...nothing on the imidiate horizon gonna make that happen.
This country will find/create more use's, and export will raise demand......both of those will be slow in implementation, so slow increases in production will easly keep up with demand.

I think we will have a good business with gas in this state for years to come....certainly will be up swings/down swings....but I believe the "big rush" has past.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Exactly, Buzz. Only a fraction of the wells drilled in PA are even fracked or online!
It is all about liquids and Oil now. And, it will be like that for some time.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Dutch said:
You aren't serious, are you? You are the insider here, you do know that with the huge decline in prices that it is no longer worthwhile drilling for gas.
Dutch
I'm not saying it is going away, but there are limited funds, limited rigs, and the companies in the dry gas areas will be exploring the western parts of PA and eastern Ohio. Things are going to slow until prices rise again. Also, it takes time to stop in one area and gear up for another.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts