The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,745 Posts
Can't keep giving up that first shot goal. They battled back for a good win against the 2nd ranked defense.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #103

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Traded F Kyle Criscuolo and a fourth-round pick to Anaheim for F Derek Grant. Traded 2021 fifth-round pick to Montreal for F Nate Thompson. Waugh!

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Wouldn't say the new guys stood out but they played solid. Overall a good game, had to withstand a bit of a feeding frenzy by the Sharks... but the boys got them off the feed.. LOL.

I get to "trash talk" my nieces kid(Rangers fan - I blame Daddy) for the upcoming home + home. Hopefully the boys help me out.

·
Super Moderator
3,745 Posts
I can't understand why we got Grant and Thompson when Simmons was available. He's a fan favorite and would have been a great addition to the team.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
While I liked Simmer during his time ... he just is not the player he was either in point production or fist/cuffs.... I would like to see him retire as a Flyer when the time comes though.

Great win against the Rags. Even better that the Canes + Blue Jackets and the Pigeons all LOST.... Giving the boys 2nd place in the Metro..... Watch out Washington LOL.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
1 point out of 1st(for now) after a matinee win to sweep the Rangers. About chewed of my fingernails in the final minutes as the Rangers put on a push though.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Well in a few days we get to see if we can cut it back to 1 point. Head to head with the Caps. The next week is going to be a test of playoff style hockey. I hope we pass the test. Waugh!

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
In the Metro just about every day is playoff hockey.... ain't much separation between teams! :tango_face_grin:

·
Super Moderator
3,745 Posts
Tonight will be the big test. Need to stop Ovechkin on the PP from the left circle. He always seems to be wide open and just waiting for the puck.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Quality win. Played the Caps 4 times and all 4 times they scored 2 goals. We won 3 of the 4. Looking good. Waugh!

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Very nice game for the Orange+Black. Ovie has to be a little "gun shy" since he hasn't scored on the Flyers in a few games.... always dangerous though. Couple of 2 pt games for Grant... starting to like that pickup - especially if JVR is out due to his wrist.

101 - 120 of 133 Posts