The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Fishing Forum. "The Fishin Hole"

First of all I would like to take the time and Thank the owners of HuntingPA for their permission to post about this Up and Coming Fishing Forum. Thank You Longbeard for taking the time to assist in this permission. The Fishin Hole forum is not a business based forum with no connections to any retail forums or companies. They are not trying to steal anyones business from any other forum. Its just a bunch of guys talking about what they LOVE to do. When you have time checkout the link I posted below. Take the time to signup and share your experience, knowledge and Love of the sport of fishing. Just like this site its FREE !

http://thefishinhole.50.forumer.com/

"approved by HPA"

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: "The Fishin Hole" forum..

For anyone that has visited the site please PM any and all comments to me. Likes or dislikes. I will make sure that they are forwarded to the right people. Thanks...

·
Registered
1,379 Posts

Looks like a great site...I'll definately be checkin it out from time to time. This is probably the first and last time I'll ever complain about seein hot southern girls in bikini's...but when your reading through the posts it gets kinda old/annoying seeing those huge pictures and it takes up too much space.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,I found this site threw a link sent to me by the author of this thread "thanks pajns.
First let me introduce myself.

My name is Ed family and friends call me butch.
I've lived in N.E. Pa all of my life,luzerne county to be more specific.My love for hunting fishing and outdoors came at a very young age like most everyone here.

when the internet came along it gave us outdoorsman a way to reach out and connect with each other to share our hobbie as well as make new friends threw the use of forums

With the help of a close personal friend and some new found friends I started thefishinhole because i felt the need for a place where people could talk ro each other as though they would when out on the ice/water

The forum is still new and i always look to the membership to tell me what "they" want and how "they" want the forum to be,put simple I want people to be themselves and be comfortable,the site is soley for enjoyment and there are no retail connections.

Sqirrel pelt I got a look at your comment before coming here and i completely agree with you on the signature,as i said to john,ive hadnt changed it yet because the forum is young once traffic is slow,but after reading your comment i see people "are" interested so I removed the picture as a courtesy,I hope to see people at thefishinhole Im off to check out the rest of this forum and meet new forum friends the my other love of the outdoors "hunting"

BTW hello john.T good to see ya.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

First of all Welcome tuffbuck2shoot !!! Lotta great guys and info here. Second I would like to tip my hat to you for answering Squirrel pelts concern. I am hoping more visit and join. If I am not on this site ..I'm over there or out shovling snow as of late.......

·
Registered
28,492 Posts
tuffbuck and Pajns,

Over the years we (HPA) have helped some other Outdoor sites get off the ground, and then there were some sites that just used HPA to spam our members to try to boost their membership..I really appreciate how you guys came to us first to ask if it is OK to talk about your site, says alot about the folks running the operation.

Glad your here to talk some hunting and a little fishing, and I wish you guys the very best in growing that fishing site of yours.
As another site owner I know first hand it is not always as fun as many think it might be, GOOD LUCK and Tight lines.

RB

·
Registered
2 Posts

RoosterBooster,thank you for the hospitallitality as well as the words of encouragement,Ive added a link at thefishinhole to HPA in one of my post that I hope will steer some traffic in your direction,thanks again.....hats off to you and HPA.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was brought to my attention that guests can view some of the posts, but in order to veiw the whole forum you must become a member. After you have signed up and you make your first post...Your account will become active and you can then see and response to all threads. Sorry if this caused anyone any problems.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NEW Trout Season contest for members of The Fishin Hole. It is a 8' pFLUEGER fly rod. 3-piece 5/6 wt. every thing you need. backing,line leader, and flys . It is for Members only...few spots left and contest will end April 1st. Check out the site when you have time and sign up. The Contest and rules and picture of the prize is posted under the Contest thread. As stated above..your account becomes active after your first post. Few members from here have signed up but haven't picked a number yet. Just a Little reminder....and a Invite to members who haven't visited yet.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I day left....don't miss the chance to win the above prize of a Flyrod combo...Free to enter..Free to join the site. Once you sign up and become a member and find out that The Fishin Hole just is not your cup of Tea. You can delete your account. But in order to see everything The Fishin Hole has to offer you must be a member. Sign up....look around and then decide if its for you. I am sure you will become Hooked like the rest of us. <span style="color: #FF0000">CONTEST has ended</span>..Slloyd was the winner..contact John T. on the site to claim your prize....Thanks for the interest and see ya at The Fishin Hole.....

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kevin from JUST FISH Taxidermy has generously donated a very nice prize for a New Contest for members. It is a $100.00 Gift Certificate towards the mounting or reproduction of a Fish. This Certificate is valid until Dec. 31, 2011. So that gives the winner plenty of time to catch something worth mounting. He usually requires 50% down and the Gift Certificate can be used towards the deposit. JUST FISH Taxidermy turn around time right now is about 3-4 months and a reproduction may take a little longer because most of them are made to order with a 6-8 week delivery time to Him and then He has to put them together and paint them. JUST FISH Taxidermy has a ad placed to the Classified thread of the forum along with a link to His website. There are some pictures of His work in that ad and it is well worth checking out His website also. Kevin has 18 years experience in JUST FISH Taxidermy. Licensed by the state of Pennsylvania. Member of the North Branch Smallmouth Alliance(NBSA). Here is His website...http://www.justfishtaxidermy.com
and Here is the link to The Fishin Hole.......
http://thefishinhole.50.forumer.com
See ya at The Fishin Hole.....Click on the link and become a member. Rules and more info about the contest in the contest thread on the site.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just a little reminder when visiting The Fishin Hole to stop in the Contest thread and pick a number for the New contest. Its filling up fast....

Server is updating software...that is the reason forum is not coming up. Will remove this as soon as it is up and running. UPDATE....Site is up and running as of 5/11 2:30pm.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Another Contest is starting at The Fishin Hole. This one is a chance to win 2 signed Books by the Author. Both are Salt Water Fishing books .The first one was published in 1997 - The Bottom Dunker's Bible deals with bottom fishing for salt water species. The second one was published in 2005 - The Mighty Bluefin and deals with the history of Tuna fishing in New England. One of the Administors Brother in Law (Capt. Roger) was having his annual launch party. While enjoying some food and beer they got to talking about fishing and He mentioned The Fishin Hole. Capt.Roger was nice enough to donate a copy of each of his books for contest prizes. The winner will receive both Books. Here is a link to the Forum. Good Luck!! http://thefishinhole.50.forumer.com
Contest ending this Friday the 21st of May. One more day to signup...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Final reminder for the above contest for Fishing books. Ending today at 7:30pm. CONTEST has Ended!!!!! Even though the Saltwater books contest has ended...The Just Fish Taxidermy contest is still running...check it out when you have time and Good Luck!!! Now with over 425 members and growing daily.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts