·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...to an NJ man's front door.

Here's the link

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/...amily-services/

Here's his account

"Last night I was out with a buddy of mine. I got a text from my wife that the cops and dyfs are at the house and they wanna check out my guns and needed me to open my safe.

I’m instantly on my way. I get in contact with evan Nappen on the way. I explain the situation. I walk in my house and hand the phone to the first cop I see. Then direct all of em outside. Dyfs got a call because of a pic on my son holding a gun. They wanted to look around and check all my guns out, make sure they were all registered. Obviously that didn’t go well because I refused. I had Nappen on speaker phone the entire time so they had to deal with both of us. They kept trying to pressure me to open my safe. They had no warrant, no charges, nothing. I didn’t budge. I was told I was being “unreasonable” and that I was acting suspicious because I wouldn’t open my safe. Told me they were gonna get a search warrant. Told em go ahead. Nappen (my lawyer) asked me for the dyfs workers name. she wouldnt give it. i asked for credentials and she wouldnt show em. i tried to take a pic of her and she turned around real fast and walked away. After a while of them threatening to take my kids, get warrants and intimidation they left. Empty handed and seeing nothing.

People it can happen that fast. Most people wouldn’t have stood up to them like I did."

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
That is crazy. Glad he had an attorney on call, not sure how that would go for the average joe.

·
Registered
465 Posts
That is crazy. And the DYFS worker was quite the [censored] woman. I wonder if it is legal to not show a badge on official business?

·
Registered
141 Posts
WOW! So much for the "why do I need to worry, my guns aren't registered and it's not like they will go around knocking on doors for your guns" excuse......

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
I just got this news and posted the same story 5 minutes ago, but a day late...I just removed it....

<span style="font-size: 23pt">I can't believe this!!!!!!!</span>

I mean we still have a constituion in this country CORRECT?????

·
Registered
10,199 Posts
Will be a good one to follow and see what the outcome is. Everybody there/involved should be fired and charged with harrasment and intimidation at a minimum.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
So what is the rest of the story and what is the point of the video you provided?
The lawyer sounds like he is in the business to defend law abiding firearm owners that are suddenly made into criminals by quick law changes and overzealous agencies.
Sounds like the perfect guy to have on speed dial in the case above. Heck I wish I had him on speed dial.

·
Registered
665 Posts
here we go, glad u stuck up to them. this is where its goin to start to get ugly.be ready people there starting to make there move now we need to make ars!!!! LOCK AND LOAD

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
This is just another case of a public employee overstepping their boundries and letting their title go to their head. The police officier was probably there at the request of the DYFS officier due to the nature of the call and that any call involving a gun these days will be met with heightened expectations.
The officier was probably embarrassed by the whole chain of events and if police officier knew what the DYFS officier was going to do, would have educated her about the laws of search and siezure.
The frieghtening part of this visit is that should the DYFS officer asked for a search warrant, they may and I say "may" have found a simpithic judge to grant it.

·
Banned
994 Posts
DrakesOnly said:
JerrySS said:
There is so much more to this story than what is being told.

Here is the lawyer he had on speed dial.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA_hNrsj2bY
Let's hear it Jerry. What major developments do you have that can explain this one away?
I do not have further information on the incident. I was trying to say there must be a lot of history with this guy and law enforcement. Why else would he have a close relationship with this particular attorney. This should set off warning flags in everyone's view of the incident.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts