The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While sitting ice fishing today we talked about turkey hunting and I feel turkey fever starting!!! I am already starting to itch!!!!

·
Registered
826 Posts
browny7492 said:
While sitting ice fishing today we talked about turkey hunting and I feel turkey fever starting!!! I am already starting to itch!!!!
Just wait till you feel it all day every day!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Just yesterday morning I awoke roosted on the head board and awoke my wife with a lusty gobble.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Will not be long now. Did a camo inspection yesterday. Looking like at least 2 new shirts and one pr of pants will be needed. Only 64 days for me...

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I've been taking mouth call inventory and building new ones for several weeks now while plowing through my video library in the back room. Also lining up chokes and shells for some patterning work as soon as goose season goes out. My girl's already fussing about the racket coming from back here...

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I didn't know that the "fever" ever ended...it's the only thing I think of most of the year and it's been that way since the first spring season back in 1968..I know no known way to get it even down a little and it seems to rage year round. Seeing turkey in almost every field these days and some are strutin' around already.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Just decided the other day to get some mouth calls sent over here to Kuwait, wont be able to chase any birds this year, but ill be able to drive everyone crazy anyway!!

·
Registered
610 Posts
GobbleBuck said:
Just decided the other day to get some mouth calls sent over here to Kuwait, wont be able to chase any birds this year, but ill be able to drive everyone crazy anyway!!
Be carefull and thank you.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Thanks GobbleBuck for serving. One of my sons served a year in Baghdad. May you get back to the turkey woods soon, But in the meantime shoot a jackal or two.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
GB stay safe over there, I will think of you just before I pull the trigger the first time this spring..

I took several Friction calls with me in 1990 to the gulf, drove everyone nuts. Also took about 100 flint arrowheads that my dad had made. I would throw several down every time I had a chance. Wonder if anyone ever found any of them??

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
GobbleBuck said:
Thanks GB. Keep the faith. You will be in all of our thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I'm getting pretty stir-crazy! Usually starts getting bad around the first of the year. Another month or so and I'll be out listening a few days a week,
. Can't get here soon enough!

·
Super Moderator
1,739 Posts
Oh no, not the fever.... I don't wanna catch it just yet cause I know full well what happens with it. It starts out with the SNIFFLES (guys on here talking about turkeys) then the COUGH (looking at your turkey gear and seeing if you need anything new) then come the BODY ACHES (trying to lose a few pounds and getting in shape) followed by the SWEATS AND CHILLS (birds chirping in the morning while you head to work) then the FEVER hits..... Its daybreak, the season has begun and you hear them gobbling and no one is around but you

Oh... you guys have done it now I think I'm looking a little pale.

·
Registered
826 Posts
PAlimbhanger said:
Oh no, not the fever.... I don't wanna catch it just yet cause I know full well what happens with it. It starts out with the SNIFFLES (guys on here talking about turkeys) then the COUGH (looking at your turkey gear and seeing if you need anything new) then come the BODY ACHES (trying to lose a few pounds and getting in shape) followed by the SWEATS AND CHILLS (birds chirping in the morning while you head to work) then the FEVER hits..... Its daybreak, the season has begun and you hear them gobbling and no one is around but you

Oh... you guys have done it now I think I'm looking a little pale.
Yep, that's the simptoms!!! Soon there will be an epidemic!!

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
..... Its daybreak, the season has begun and you hear them gobbling and no one is around but you

I am quessing that you are not in PA. LOL

1 - 20 of 22 Posts