The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
You should know when your first resident nanny comes into heat and hunt her bedding area. You won't have to worry about this extra week.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I think your right. I must not have changed it back for daylight savings. I always forget to do that on the cameras.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
On my property and adjoining properties where these deer roam, we see our best deer on opening day and then Halloween.
Weather plays a big role but that's been the way it's been for as long as I can remember.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
This will be new, going that late. Historically from Halloween to Nov 5-6-7 have been the best dates per my journal.

But never been out on Nov 18 to see whats up.

I will try to hold out unless its a monster, roll the dice thia first year

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
On my property and adjoining properties where these deer roam, we see our best deer on opening day and then Halloween.
Weather plays a big role but that's been the way it's been for as long as I can remember.
The biggest and most mature buck I saw last season was on Friday, Nov 1st chasing a doe at around noon for hundreds of yards through the hardwoods. She led him right past my stand and when I stood up to draw on him, (she was in front and up a hill about 30yds) she spotted me and blew while he stood behind a tree which blocked his vitals. I had plenty of time to shoot, but no shot to take.

My point is, Halloween and the 2 days around it can be magical.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts