The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I haven't been able to get on HPA as much during the season, with scouting and hunting and going to class, didn't give me much free time.. Anyway. Barryboy, our buddy ben, and myself went down to NJ after the new year on a two day hunt with our buddy down there. Went down for Brant and buffies, and had a blast.. Ended up with a few nice squaw the second day as well.

2nd day

both days take

Then, the last week of the season I got to get out two times. The first day, that week we took out a new guy, and got him his first mallard. He was pumped for his first duck, and later that week he went out on a solo hunt and got his first solo duck. He is hooked, and now knows how to hunt them the correct day. The last day of the season we got out and planned to sit it out all day and see what we could do, we ended by 10 a.m. and bonus geese, in a spot we NEVER see them.

His first mallard

our take for the last day..5 guns.

still hope to get out after some RP geese and then snow geese... But duck season went too fast!

·
Registered
509 Posts
I know some people don't have great opinions on hunting brant, but I love going for them each year. Just got back from three days doing it in Virginia.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Nice hunts fellows and good shooting! I'll have to make it a point to get out duck hunting with you guys next yr. Tyler keep in touch for the late season goose hunts.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! Barry definitely will be in touch, we are putting our scouting efforts into geese now so we will be in touch if we find anything good! Also over our spring break if the snows are around lmk if you guys will be in the area we will have to team up!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
That's picture with the mallards and honkers is a great shoot. Nice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts